PDA

View Full Version : Help with Pork turn-in box please

patkline9999
04-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Well , yesterday it was chicken and thanks to all who commented on my turn in box. Today it's pork. I must say I had a much tougher time with the pork ... I cooked it to 194 internal ... any comments / opinions on that?
Also, here's about the best I could do with the box ... so lemme have it.
(and thanks good and bad )

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m532/patkline9999/PICS%20POSTED%20TO%20FORUMS/PORKBOX4-3-2011.jpg

for some reason that picture is posting SIDEWAYS ... and I cannot figure out how to fix it so keep that in mind and thanks.

bignburlyman
04-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Pat, that is a very nice looking box of pork, it looks nice and moist, and I like the chunks with the bark. The only thing is the slices (on the left?) look like they fell apart, and are not clean slices. And by looking at pictures and having more time to be critical, some would tell you the parsley around the edges is uneven, and could be tightened up. I only look and comment on the garnish in posts like this, at a contest I completely ignore the garnish, but some judges may score down for the unevenness. Nice box, my score would be a solid 8, and maybe a 9 after a 15 second pass at the judging table.

Ron_L
04-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Go to Photobucket and when you are looking at your picture select Rotate and then either left or right, whichever is appropriate. That should fix the sideways issue.