PDA

View Full Version : Hatz off to Big Brother Smoke

barbefunkoramaque
03-20-2011, 06:14 PM
About two years ago I found out Big Brother Smoke can't stand me due to my shennanigans but who gives a **** when after several years of reading his posts I finally saw him write something I at first did not agree with but ended up being VERY useful. VERY useful. Did I say USEFUL. This is why you should always be superior in every way and turn the other cheek... its easier to steal that way. (imagine smiley face)

Buried in an old thread BBS listed a technique that replaces a much maligned alternative. I cannot believe how right he was too. At first I read it and thought "no way... this is bull****!!! and very likely a strictly California thing." But one day I was in need and tried it. And damn if did not work like a charm. EVERYONE should use this trick.

Now hopefully do not actually use this trick in your arsenal at all but when you use it, it is a must. In fact, you do not want to use it improperly. And after a little experimentation such as throwing the trick into another apparatus for a time period not to exceed the proper timing and in no way not to be removed at any time before the correct period... well then... you have gotten yourself one hell of a additive to use. It also beats putting the whole shabang in their for Sam Cooke to work his magic.

So HATZ off to this trick Brother Smoke. And Big I will be using it time and time again. In fact a local business that is built around the types of things and stuff that would use this trick was not satisfied with their technique and now that I showed them the BBS trick and of course modified it to be just a little more tricker than the original, well... they have gotten many compliments.

Big Brother... this is why I love this place. Two people... as different as they come...one, judgemental and sees others as expendable... the other, completely off the toilet chain nutz... but through the brethren, when lurking around, one can steal one brother's funk and make it his own without actually asking to use it. This should not be a surprise though... there is a history.... Bill Haley did it to Big Joe Turner, Pat Boone did it to Little Richard, Elvis did it to Big Mama Thornton---The Stones did it to Buddy Guy, and I can only recall one time the reverse happend... Issac Hayes dropped something he from Glenn Cambell and Burt Barach and made it something special.

I have been pretty clear what it is too.

YouTube - Prince ft Chaka Khan-sweet thing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW6g6aTRPMI&feature=related)
Dedicated to Big Brother Smoke and to anyone who wants to know clearly what I write about. You will have to see the whole movie... make the connection with the legend and after adding some Clinton, put it in a dark closet and play some Sam Cooke.

WineMaster
03-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Its posts like this that show you have very little to add.

landarc
03-20-2011, 06:25 PM
I am going to assume that BBS has a technique that is better than foiling, and that BBFQ has determined that it does indeed work. Of course, BBFQ does not foil anyways if I understand correctly.

barbefunkoramaque
03-20-2011, 06:27 PM
I am going to assume that BBS has a technique that is better than foiling, and that BBFQ has determined that it does indeed work. Of course, BBFQ does not foil anyways if I understand correctly.

LOL BBS Big Brother Smoke. LOL He is my new hero.. seriously! The trick is one HELL of a trick. Its not foiling anyway.. its a trick with a legend. I mean its stellar.. I use it anyway but I have pulled it up front after Sam Cooke pees on it bit.

Let me expand to the bruthas that "know" and can recognize....

when I used this trick i had to pause... like... when your in a car and Sinatra comes on the radio... you never leave the car till he is done singing. For me... its like, a pause like how I REFUSE to shut the radio off when Eric Bennet's song "Sometimes I Cry" or Maxwell's "Wecome" comes on.... this legend BBS has inadvertently turned me on to has given me pause.

barbefunkoramaque
03-20-2011, 06:33 PM
BBFQ has determined that it does indeed work. Of course, BBFQ does not foil anyways if I understand correctly.

Great... now I don;t know Who YOU are talking about... LOL

inv3ctiv3
03-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Wow I can't understand your post what so ever and it's nothing to do with me.....In fact I've never been able to understand your posts but you're definitely right about the one being "completely off the toilet chain nutz..." and that is not Steph I can guarantee you that.

Mods is there a way to add people to an ignore list on this forum?

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out.

got14u
03-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Are you posting in some kind of secret code?????:tape:
I feel dumber after reading this whole thing :laugh:

Trucky1008
03-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Mods is there a way to add people to an ignore list on this forum?

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out.

Hey do you mind sharing that trick?

barbefunkoramaque
03-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Are you posting in some kind of secret code?????:tape:
I feel dumber after reading this whole thing :laugh:

LOL yes. Big Brother Smoke has this cool trick he mentioned off the cuff and as usual I am cryptic about it. I absolutly love it.

As you can see however, there are people who are kinda... unfunky. Like James Taylor unfunky. To each's own. They consistently refuse to use the ignore button and feel they have to attack the poster... which of course... I guess they get away with.

If you can't get it... or I frustrate you simply click me on ignore... but try not to be silly about it and announce a person is on "ignore" which is about as stupid as anything I ever come up with. If you do follow my rants then you should be able to understand what it is.

It is probably one of the best tips I have seen since the other thing.

Meanwhile, I can always count on brethren to come into a post written by a person they repeatedly proport they cannot stand or understand (me) and comment, then add that they are pressing the ignore button.

Controversy... begats more views and those of us that can learn a trick from Brother Smoke can benefit from it as we were a little more broad minded.

inv3ctiv3
03-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Hey do you mind sharing that trick?

Definitely, just click on his name and a menu will drop down, at the bottom it says "add user to ignore list" and just click that! You'll never see his idiotic posts again :thumb:

Trucky1008
03-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Definitely, just click on his name and a menu will drop down, at the bottom it says "add user to ignore list" and just click that! You'll never see his idiotic posts again :thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

parrdist
03-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Help a dumb Missouri boy out, what the hell are you talking about. Big Brother Smoke ,if you know please enlighten the rest of us.

Smoothsmoke
03-20-2011, 08:02 PM
http://www.q45.org/cpg/albums/userpics/10001/thumb_MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

got14u
03-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Why not just say what the little trick is then, instead of writing in code. Obviously he has shared it before in public so that shouldn't be a big deal. Let other people learn as well.

It is probably one of the best tips I have seen since the other thing.

those of us that can learn a trick from Brother Smoke can benefit from it as we were a little more broad minded.

barbefunkoramaque
03-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Idiotic would be saying your going to ignore a person's thread then hanging around IN the thread for... for??? why would you hang around something thats a waste of time?

And if you ignore.... how would you actually see the thread... that's a question for the Mods.

Which alas proves a MUCH larger point and it part of the lesson for free.

At one point of time Big Brother and I did not see eye to eye on something and we had some words... I don't remember what it was about but undoubtedly had to do with him not liking one of my post or something. I am sure glad I never ignored him.... otherwise I would have MISSED the gem of a BBQ tip he gave up, probably not even realizing.

Do I care if I am "ignored," hell no. I don't think I'd be here if I did...

Do I care if some people just "have a hard-on for me" and dash to my threads (that they say they cannot stand) to search for some kernel of something they can use to mash that all important "report" button?

If I want to say gibberish and someone doesn't get it... tough. Tough frootloops.

For anyone that cares to see the message and decode it.. then they too can learn from my or in this case Big Brother Smokes wisdom.

Like Phil said once... "I don't just give **** away...."

got14u
03-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Honestly then why even post something like this up....It just doesn't make any sense to me.....by all means tho keep typing away. This is 10 minutes I will never get back....DAMN:rolleyes:

For anyone that cares to see the message and decode it.. then they too can learn from my or in this case Big Brother Smokes wisdom.

OakPit
03-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Easy. Clinton takes on a whole new personality doesn't he.

WineMaster
03-20-2011, 08:19 PM

Now that is some staight forward instruction to make our forum rock. No code there!!

got14u
03-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Are you a politician? If not you should be :idea:

barbefunkoramaque
03-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Easy. Clinton takes on a whole new personality doesn't he.

Thats IT... You got it!!!! although Brother Smoke did suggest Chaka instead of Milli Vanilli (which we all joke goes well with crock pots) the addition of Chaka with George Clinton - maybe 2 Chakas for every Clinton part -- then put them in a Dark Closet with some Sam Cooke for a while and you have an INCREDIBLE funkinificititude in order to raise that level of depth in your sweet saucy thang.

And have to add... I made big brother's sweet expression and it is incredible too--- I don't care what state its in.

OakPit
03-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Thats IT... You got it!!!! although Brother Smoke did suggest Chaka instead of Milli Vanilli (which we all joke goes well with crock pots) the addition of Chaka with George Clinton - maybe 2 Chakas for every Clinton part -- then put them in a Dark Closet with some Sam Cooke for a while and you have an INCREDIBLE funkinificititude in order to raise that level of depth in your sweet saucy thang.

And have to add... I made big brother's sweet expression and it is incredible too--- I don't care what state its in.

Word. Funk. I'm following.

OakPit
03-20-2011, 08:45 PM
I bet the butt glitter would SING with this change of tune...

barbefunkoramaque
03-20-2011, 08:48 PM
My glitter already has it in it. But the thing we add it to goes into the stuff that goes on top of the other stuff.

OakPit
03-20-2011, 08:51 PM
My glitter already has it in it. But the thing we add it to goes into the stuff that goes on top of the other stuff.

And BAM goes the flavor! Thanks Funk for reminding me of this bass tone tactic.

barbefunkoramaque
03-20-2011, 08:53 PM
No - Thank Big Brother Smoke who unknowingly turned me on to it. Which is the purpose of the thread.... love and props to the funky.. even ones you don't squawk at much.

bigdogphin
03-20-2011, 09:19 PM
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99589

Before you guys miss out on some the pure genious from barbefunkoramaque check out this thread... So I get add 2 parts cumin with one part salt to a sauce.????

Vince B
03-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Are you on a thing called Charlie Sheen?

JazzyBadger
03-20-2011, 09:39 PM
I thank you for the inane posts that have become/have been your style.
One of the very first things I ever did on this farking website was track down the legend for your codes, it was like a scavenger hunt, and made me feel that this site was at the same time professional, AND able to have a lot of fun and B.S all at the same time.

Stay funky fatty, JIGGLE IT ALL DAY LONG BABY!

barbefunkoramaque
03-20-2011, 09:41 PM

Before you guys miss out on some the pure genious from barbefunkoramaque check out this thread... So I get add 2 parts cumin with one part salt to a sauce.????

No... but when throwing it in a Dark Closet with some Sam Cooke FIRST.... then you can add it to the sauce to taste.

To some... they may think... its just Chaka but Big Brother Smoke let you in on a wonderful tip... and Chaka is so much more than just Chaka...

No aftertaste like Milli Vanilli either. Its the real deal.

And again... its not my tip... its BBS.... I just peed on it a bit and made it more funky as Clinton used to say.

barbefunkoramaque
03-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Hello... winning!!!!!!!!

Are you on a thing called Charlie Sheen?

Big Ron
03-20-2011, 09:53 PM

Great music choices thanks for sharing!

pigdog
03-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Man BFRQ(Donnie) your wife must be some kind of angel dealing with you all the time. :laugh:

Cast Iron Chef
03-20-2011, 10:44 PM
I ran it through the Texas translator and it's something to do with adding liquid smoke to boiled brisket. :crazy:

Thawley
03-21-2011, 12:01 AM

I like turtles.

bbq lover
03-21-2011, 12:51 AM
winning duh

garyk1398
03-21-2011, 09:25 AM
:mad:Another post that should be moved to somewhere other than Q-talk.:mad:

Wampus
03-21-2011, 10:05 AM
:tsk:

STILL don't know what the he!! this thread is trying to tell me. I've done my best, even checked out the code.:confused: Just don't get it. Guess that makes me "unfunky", PERFECT!:thumb:

Just don't get the point dude. Why you gotta make it so difficult?

---k---
03-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Wow! Not quite sure what to say. I'm shaking my head in dismay and confusion, but I have a smile of enjoyment at the same time. It's like watching a car with a person inside get hit by a train. Horrible tragedy, but who doesn't like seeing a car get smashed by a train?

Call me weird, but I enjoy the funk. I don't get it sometimes, I find it silly and stupid at times, but it always makes me smile a guilty smile. I'm sorry that people can't just let Donnie be Donnie. It will be a shame that this fun will have to get moved or deleted....

I'm just very very scared by the thought that Donnie could actually be like this in real life, and the internet just isn't his creative outlet. :shock:

blues_n_cues
03-21-2011, 10:53 AM
well this thread made me dig these out for translational purposes...:becky:
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w247/gypsyseagod/the%20studio/ozzyrandybreakfaststuff002.jpg

jason
03-21-2011, 11:02 AM
So, let me see if I get this right. If we toast chaka up a bit with clinton in a dark place with sam cooke, we'll get a nice smoky flavor that rivals milli vanilli?

gtr
03-21-2011, 11:02 AM
barbafunkoramaque - some folks swear by him, other folks swear at him. :heh:

Bigdog
03-21-2011, 11:18 AM
barbafunkoramaque - some folks swear by him, other folks swear at him. :heh:

You nailed it, that's it in a nutshell. :thumb:

barbefunkoramaque
03-21-2011, 12:19 PM
So, let me see if I get this right. If we toast chaka up a bit with clinton in a dark place with sam cooke, we'll get a nice smoky flavor that rivals milli vanilli?

Close... Milli Vanilli would be Liquid Smoke.... so you would NOT want to duplicate that.

barbefunkoramaque
03-21-2011, 12:24 PM
:tsk:

STILL don't know what the he!! this thread is trying to tell me. I've done my best, even checked out the code.:confused: Just don't get it. Guess that makes me "unfunky", PERFECT!:thumb:

Just don't get the point dude. Why you gotta make it so difficult?

Its is clearly in the code.

And as far as difficulty....

Its the way I am told to do things by the boss who calls me on the bagphone every day from somewhere in the US in his stretch Delorean.

Phubar
03-21-2011, 12:33 PM
To be honest I don't have the patience to pop up the Phunk list and Phigure the stuPh out but I do always have to laugh reading BarbPhunk's threads.....if he was a member on the Dutch Brethren Phorum his a$$ got kicked out within no time!
Keep Phunkin' Donnie!

BBStePh is the sh!t!:cool:

leanza
03-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Donnie, Mommar Kadafi called. Said he needs advice about a small issue. Have code book handy. He wants you to call him back.

barbefunkoramaque
03-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Donnie, Mommar Kadafi called. Said he needs advice about a small issue. Have code book handy. He wants you to call him back.

Great.. this is gonna take hours. I have to translate it into Labia, then Country and Western, then English then Funk speak

barbefunkoramaque
03-21-2011, 12:48 PM
To be honest I don't have the patience to pop up the Phunk list and Phigure the stuPh out but I do always have to laugh reading BarbPhunk's threads.....if he was a member on the Dutch Brethren Phorum his a$$ got kicked out within no time!
Keep Phunkin' Donnie!

BBStePh is the sh!t!:cool:

LOL Thanks Phu.. I am a member of at least 6 other forums.... I am a whole in the water in those. The brethren is different.

swamprb
03-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Great.. this is gonna take hours. I have to translate it into Labia, then Country and Western, then English then Funk speak

...since this is gonna take hours to translate, I'll be waiting patiently in the dark closet listening to the Soul Stirrers with Sam Cooke....thats heaven to me!

Porky
03-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Remember, no soap r-a-d-i-o!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q-Dat
03-21-2011, 01:08 PM
I just don't see what any of this has to do with Bill Clinton......;p

jason
03-21-2011, 03:51 PM
George Clinton was around before Bill Clinton was diddling girls in Arkansas.

OakPit
03-21-2011, 03:57 PM
The tip here is genius - indeed. Thanks to BBS for suggesting it & thanks to Funk for tossing it back into play. One change I'd make...take the funky goodness of that Chqaka/Clinton duet and make dust in the wind...

Fatback Joe
03-21-2011, 04:17 PM
I have to translate it into Labia

Uhh......what? :shocked:

Would like to see pics of that process. :becky:

barbefunkoramaque
03-22-2011, 02:36 PM
thanks to Funk for tossing it back into play. One change I'd make...take the funky goodness of that Chqaka/Clinton duet and make dust in the wind...

Dust in the wind? Dust in the what? Thats not my code... what the.... why can't you just say it man? I really do not get why you have to be so obscure?:crazy::clap2::clap2:

Bbq Bubba
03-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Can't believe I read the whole thing. :doh:

FatDaddy
03-22-2011, 10:03 PM
so salt/cumin and dont know what large grained smokie stuff is referring to..?