PDA

View Full Version : Charcoal Mailed To Your House?

TedW
03-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Anyone buy this way? The Naked Whiz has an awful lot reviewed there. <ight be fun to try different ones. Not sure if there's some really obvious reason why I wouldn't want this stuff mailed.

Also, Is there any value to using blended charcoal from different woods? I think BGE lump is that way.

Thanks

TedW
03-19-2011, 03:27 PM
-deleted-

bmanMA
03-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Not sure if there's some really obvious reason why I wouldn't want this stuff mailed.

Also, Is there any value to using blended charcoal from different woods? I think BGE lump is that way.

Thanks

Number one reason is shipping cost IMO. When your UPS guy walks up and jokingly asks you if you bought a box of rocks, and you reply, "No, a box of wood chunks"... ha the look was priceless.

I buy straight up as I want to test and tweak.

TedW
03-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Generally a light product so UPS wouldn't be bad. And no tax collected if from out of state. The issue is that I don't live in a populated area with variety

dataz722
03-19-2011, 04:12 PM
It isn't really that light unless you are getting tiny bags. It is also fairly large and thats costs more too. That said, there are many people that do it.

Do you have a lowes near you? Stubbs is some great stuff.

Bob Wiley
03-19-2011, 04:13 PM
I like Wicked Good and it's not in driving distance. So, I internet order. Shipping doubles the cost but it's still worth it to me. That IS some wicked good coal.

TedW
03-19-2011, 04:17 PM
UPS is all weight driven unless it's ridiculously large. I'll check out wicked good and Stubbs also.

I do have a Lowes though. They have an assortment?

Thanks for the replies

Dallas Dan
03-19-2011, 04:30 PM
That is the only way I can Wicked is to order it on-line. The shipping cost makes it pretty pricey.

TedW
03-19-2011, 04:31 PM
What do you like so much about wicked?