PDA

View Full Version : Turd Monsters

Heimelswine
12-08-2004, 12:13 AM
I don't know what it was like when you guys made your first couple batches of turds, but now my family and friends are asking when I'll be making more. I've created monsters! Everyone wants the recipie. I'm as addicted as the rest of them.

I went to the grocery store tonight and found bacon on sale, which wasn't on my list, and I purchased three pounds for the next round of turds. I used all of two pounds last time and figured three pounds should be close to enough the next time I make them.

Keep sharing what you know!

parrothead
12-08-2004, 12:22 AM
You got the picture, brother!

BBQchef33
12-08-2004, 12:56 AM
yup.. thats normal. I stared making them by the 10lb box just for that reason.

Bill-Chicago
12-08-2004, 08:33 AM
I don't like them

BigBelly
12-08-2004, 09:09 AM
No worries Bill because I don't care for them really neither. I need to come up with a way to sweeten them up a bit like adding pineapple or basting the outside with BBQ sauce.

BBQchef33
12-08-2004, 09:14 AM
No worries Bill because I don't care for them really neither. I need to come up with a way to sweeten them up a bit like adding pineapple or basting the outside with BBQ sauce.

Use the flavored cream cheeses.. They come in all different one and i know one of them comes with with chunks of pineapple in them.

bittertruth
12-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Am i the only one on this site that dosen't know what the hell you are talking about?
Inquiring minds need to know. Please!

brdbbq
12-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Am i the only one on this site that dosen't know what the hell you are talking about?
Inquiring minds need to know. Please!

OMG Stufed Jalapeno's

Bill-Chicago
12-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Use the flavored cream cheeses.. They come in all different one and i know one of them comes with with chunks of pineapple in them.

I don't eat cream cheese. Its crap.

Same with Ricotta or however you spell it.

Now I do make a smoked stuffed Poblano now and then with 3 Cheese Mexican blend and bacon. I even cut fatty "slivers" and stuff them in there.

Pretty good stuff.

Bill-Chicago
12-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Bitter
Go to Recipe section for Atomic Buffalo Turds.

ABT's
Turd's
Buffalo Turd's

All the same reference.

Now a Dinosaur Turd, that's a brisket

bittertruth
12-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Bitter
Go to Recipe section for Atomic Buffalo Turds.

Thanks, In south texas we called them Poppers(fried) stuffed with cream cheese and crab meat. They are awesome.

brdbbq
12-08-2004, 12:34 PM
In south texas

Still do until I came to this group. Think it is a East coast thing. They can't handle there peppers like we do. Ducking now.

bittertruth
12-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Now I do make a smoked stuffed Poblano now and then with 3 Cheese Mexican blend and bacon. I even cut fatty "slivers" and stuff them in there.

Pretty good stuff.

I love stuffed poblano's. try them stuffed with Queso Fresco( a white mexican cheese) and refried beans and wrapped in a couple of corn tortillas taco style. Holy frijole!!

Heimelswine
12-08-2004, 02:55 PM
This last batch I made, I used japs for the majority of them, and I used mini-bell pepers for the rest of them. About a 2/3 to 1/3 volume. Of all the people that sampled them, everyone, myself included, like the mini-bell peppers the best. That's what I'm going to use from now on whenever I can get them. Costco sells them and this last batch was yellows and reds, sometimes they have a third bell pepper that is orange. The reds are my favorites, but the mini-bells are sweet and easier to use than the japs.

chad
12-08-2004, 03:09 PM
The reds are my favorites, but the mini-bells are sweet and easier to use than the japs

You realize you'll now have to leave the state of New Mexico! :D How the hell can you live in the state that has Hatch and say you want stuffed sweet peppers :twisted:

Just kidding! I understand - when we did 10# of jalapenos at Bash II we all paid the price about 3 a.m. -- there was definately a line at the bathroom and many cases of gastric distress!!

A good batch of turds will seperate the men from the boys!!

Bigmista
12-08-2004, 03:49 PM
I only make them cause TK likes 'em.

Heimelswine
12-09-2004, 12:11 AM
How the hell can you live in the state that has Hatch and say you want stuffed sweet peppers

LMAO! I LOVE chili, japs are okay. The GF does not like anything with kick, and after I removed the seeds and the membrane, I'm just not impressed with the castrated japs. I have to be careful what rub I use or the GF and the 4 year old twinsters won't eat it. I use a rub on the ribs for me, and a different rub on the ribs for the rest of us. You get the picture, so mini-bells it is.

DF, I'm impressed you know about Hatch.

chad
12-09-2004, 07:01 AM
Heck, I even know that New Mexico is the only state in the nation that it's capital city doesn't have an airport!!

I worked with an EE in San Antonio, TX, that made the trek to Hatch every year! Then he mail ordered for any shortfall!!

cayenne
12-10-2004, 01:23 PM
How the hell can you live in the state that has Hatch and say you want stuffed sweet peppers

LMAO! I LOVE chili, japs are okay. The GF does not like anything with kick, and after I removed the seeds and the membrane, I'm just not impressed with the castrated japs. I have to be careful what rub I use or the GF and the 4 year old twinsters won't eat it. I use a rub on the ribs for me, and a different rub on the ribs for the rest of us. You get the picture, so mini-bells it is.

DF, I'm impressed you know about Hatch.

Yeah..I tell ya, I've almost completely given up on jalapenos. It is getting so hard to find one of the non-altered peppers in the stores here. They now have basically NO heat..and little flavor. Might be good for stuffing due to size....I'd probably try the turd thing with poblanos...or, if I wanted milder, but, with flavor...anaheim.

But, for heat needed with flavor in things like salsa...I now stick primarily with serrano chiles....they have a great bite...good flavor...and they haven't yet been bastardized like the poor jalapeno has been....

My $0.02,

cayenne

tommykendall
12-11-2004, 02:14 AM
I only make them cause TK likes 'em.

I'll be over at 3:00pm Sat 12/11 to get my fix. Have 'em ready with some coldkies.

cabo
12-12-2004, 02:39 PM
I don't like them

Try stuffin them with peanuts :twisted:

Neil
12-13-2004, 04:24 AM
The japs I'm able to buy around here have plenty of heat, sometimes too much heat. Family and friends love the ABT's. Stuff them whole and cap with maple Bob Evans fatty.