PDA

View Full Version : Masterbuilt/Kingsford 26" Kettle

Q-Dat
02-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Saw this in home depot the other day, and was impressed for the $89 price tag. In the past there have been many cheapo kettle grills
come along as poorly made Weber knockoffs.

This one seems to be alot more sturdy than others that I have seen, and although not the quality of a Weber, it does seem to have a porcelain coating like the Weber just not as thick. But the steel definitely feels thicker than the usual off brand.

I have no real need for it,(Since when does that stop me) but it does seem like something worth giving a heads up on. I know there are some out there that want 26" Webers, but cant justify $300 right now.

Anybody tried one of these?
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Johnny_Crunch
02-09-2011, 09:13 AM
you have some pron?

Q-Dat
02-09-2011, 10:29 AM

Whoops sorry, heres a picture of it. Didnt think to take any while I was in Home Depot
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Dustin D
02-09-2011, 12:35 PM
How is it compared to the similar Weber?

El Lobo
02-09-2011, 01:07 PM
It looks to have a nicer ash catcher than the basic Weber (and that saucer thingie).

Q-Dat
02-09-2011, 05:40 PM
How is it compared to the similar Weber?

Well there's no question that it just isnt the quality of a Weber, but it does appear to be more heavy duty than any other knockoff that Ive seen.

NFLNative
02-09-2011, 09:02 PM
I bought this as a gift for my bro in law and after putting it together I took it back to HD for a refund. It was rickety and cheap. Spend the extra $50 and get the Weber

Skidder
02-09-2011, 09:59 PM
You mean an extra $210.00 extra for a Weber 26" but in my opinion worth every penny because the Weber will be here long after the Kingsford has been scrapped. There are Webers out there that are forty years old.

martyleach
02-09-2011, 10:09 PM
I totally agree with the feedback on Weber. They are more expensive and they tend to lag behind the leading technology, but there stuff just keeps on working. They also have spare parts available for older cookers. I have made the mistake of going cheaper and have been really disappointed in less that 12 months. Char-Broil Red for example....

Dave Russell
02-09-2011, 10:13 PM
I've got the regular size version of THAT grill in the shed. It's going to the curb when I clean out the shed this Spring, and the lid will be used on my next UDS. Although the grill might be a little better than a few others, there's no comparison to my Webers. The big kettle is pricey, though. That's why I've got two regular ones. They're cheap off craigslist. You might even find a perfectly fine OTG for $50. :-D