THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chili Results

1 long Island luau
2 Babylon Grill Billies
3 Grim Reaper Smokers
4 baldwin Butt burners
5 The Moose is Loose
6 SmokenStien and his Smokin Bride
7 Purple Turtle
8 Hormel
9 Team Big Barry
10 Where's Willie Q
11 Ma's Q
12 Touch of Grey
13 Yankee Rebels
14 Smokin Irish
15 Rock Hunger

Chili Results

1 long Island luau
2 Babylon Grill Billies
3 Grim Reaper Smokers
4 baldwin Butt burners
5 The Moose is Loose
6 SmokenStien and his Smokin Bride
7 Purple Turtle
8 Hormel
9 Team Big Barry
10 Where's Willie Q
11 Ma's Q
12 Touch of Grey
13 Yankee Rebels
14 Smokin Irish
15 Rock Hunger

Number 8 should of won, these obviously werent qualified chili judges

I forgot the pizza
CIMG2490.jpg

Willipallooza i the news

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/chiliheads_get_ready_to_set_st.html

'Chiliheads' get ready to set Staten Island palates on fire

By Pamela Silvestri

April 22, 2010, 6:52AM

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Two weeks ago, Anthony (Ollie) Valois took home a toilet seat cover, a Grand Champ prize trophy scored at Willie Palooza BBQ on Long Island. But the Oakwood resident doesn't let that title go to his head: Valois plans to get his "burn on" once again by presenting his bean-free/meat chili at Historic Richmond Town's first International Chili Cookoff on Saturday. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

"Staten Islanders know their food," said Ed Wiseman, executive director at Historic Richmond Town. The Historical Society hooked up with the International Chili Society (ICS) last year. (Note that Chiliheads is a name attached to card-carrying ICS members. ) Staten Island is the exclusive venue in New York City for ICS events.
4-21-food-photos-307e2b248ca62954_medium.jpg

Think your chili is hot stuff? It's not too late to enter Staten Island's first Chili Cookoff this weekend, an international competition with prize money that is also a family event.

SALSA OVER SALSA

Right now Richmond Town finds itself with 30 chili contestants for three categories: Red Chili (Traditional Chili), Chili Verde (Green Chili) and Salsa. Out-of-town cooks hail from Illinois, Connecticut, Long Island and upstate; some are former national winners. In addition to Staten Island's Valois, some competing local Chiliheads include James Ryan along with chefs-in-training at Port Richmond High School, Vince Corigliano with the Tottenville High School cooking program students, Michele Winant and Raymundo Sanchez of Dina's Hideaway in Tottenville, Robert Burmeister of Chow Gourmet/Black Dog Grill in West Brighton and Engine Company #1 Firehouse of Richmond.
Cash prizes range from $250 to $750. First and second prizes will be awarded. There are also rewards for "People's Choice" picks and for the cook with the best-dressed booth. The first chief judge is Steve Falkowski, the 1997 ICS World Champion. Other judges include borough chefs, politicians plus past and present food writers from the Advance.
Saturday's chili competition kicks off at 11 a.m. with the national anthem sung by Victoria Cuomo, a student at St. Charles School in Oakwood. The Planet Wings Hot Wing Eating Comptetition begins at 3 p.m. Wahoo Skiffles and "Mossimo" the DJ are part of the entertainment. There will be rides all day for an additional charge plus free kids crafts. Festivities end at 4 p.m. Spectators are welcome. A family of four can spend the day for under $26.
STRICT CHILI RULES
"The ICS rules are strict -- competition chili is just sauce and meat, no beans or anything of that nature," enthused Valois.
"I've always wanted to get into chili competition," he said, adding, "This one happens to be right down the block, right down the way from me. I'd be foolish not to get involved. Worst thing that happens is we eat some chili and have some fun."
For more information about the New York City Chili Cookoff, call Historic Richmond Town at 718-351-visit the Web site

scoring ones

Question from someone new to this....

I recieved my scores from the judges....
Curious....

my scores were in the middle, some high, med & a few lows. But one judge
gave me an 8/1/1 on the pork entry. (no other judge came close to giving me that)..the next lowest score was a 6
Am i to assume there wasnt enough in the box for that judge to get a share ? Or did this judge absolutely hate it ?

But it was the second judging score from left to right(if that matters)

thanks for the input

Question from someone new to this....

I recieved my scores from the judges....
Curious....

my scores were in the middle, some high, med & a few lows. But one judge
gave me an 8/1/1 on the pork entry. (no other judge came close to giving me that)..the next lowest score was a 6
Am i to assume there wasnt enough in the box for that judge to get a share ? Or did this judge absolutely hate it ?

But it was the second judging score from left to right(if that matters)

thanks for the input
Nope just the opposite, that was a 8,10,10 two perfect scores! notice that it has a 1 above a zero? the column width bunched it up

Nope just the opposite, that was a 8,10,10 two perfect scores! notice that it has a 1 above a zero? the column width bunched it up

Thank you for clearing that up...i opened the scoring thing again, i dont see the zero,s after the one......but i like having the 10 instead of the one anyday, thanks again from a newbie

My New WSM 22.5" From WP2010

Thanks to Willie and Vitale Bottled Gas!

Cooked some beef back ribs and spare rib trimmings. Cruised along at 225-250 for 8+ hours!

Now I have to do the WSM mods!

2010-04-24%2013.26.10.jpg

2010-04-24%2013.31.48.jpg

Back