THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chett. L

is one Smokin' Farker
Early this year there was a post on T.B.B where to buy high quality brisket, same place where Franklin BBQ get's their Brisket. It a market in LA or OC or Brea?

Thank you.

Slap yo daddy buys his briskets locally in LA from a Latino meat market. I believe they source them from Creekstone Farms which is where Franklin (and others) get theirs. Watch a few of Harry Soo's vids to get the name of the place. I believe he mentions it in a few of this brisket/tallow experiment vids. Good luck!

Slap yo daddy buys his briskets locally in LA from a Latino meat market. I believe they source them from Creekstone Farms which is where Franklin (and others) get theirs. Watch a few of Harry Soo's vids to get the name of the place. I believe he mentions it in a few of this brisket/tallow experiment vids. Good luck!

You could also email Harry Soo. He is usually pretty quick to respond to questions.

Pretty sure Huntington Meats or Marconda's can get it for you. I know Mccall's in Los Feliz brings in SRF too. I'm betting you have to have them special order it as 98% of L.A. people don't go to high end meat markets and ask for a packer brisket. Prepare to pay $$$$$.

Also try La Carniceria Meat Market. They're growing and now have 5 locations and the lowest grade beef they carry is Prime. I'd call them first since they have the best prices.

Pretty sure Huntington Meats or Marconda's can get it for you. I know Mccall's in Los Feliz brings in SRF too. I'm betting you have to have them special order it as 98% of L.A. people don't go to high end meat markets and ask for a packer brisket. Prepare to pay $$$$$.

Also try La Carniceria Meat Market. They're growing and now have 5 locations and the lowest grade beef they carry is Prime. I'd call them first since they have the best prices.

Bellflower?

I like the primes at Costco, but they're not always in stock at the one I go to. Huntington is great but pricey. They have all kinds of good stuff there and the folks are really cool, plus one of the best apple fritters there are can be found at Bob's Donuts right by there. As mentioned, Marconda's could set you up as well.

Not sure if a place like Bristol Farms would have packers in stock, but you could probably order through them. It will def. be very expensive, but they carry SRF. Handy's in Burbank might have something like that - maybe not in stock, but pretty sure you could order through them as well. Very good stuff there.

Harmony Farms in La Crescenta is a cool spot - not sure if they carry packers, but they have a lot more options than the average butcher.

I like the primes at Costco, but they're not always in stock at the one I go to. Huntington is great but pricey. They have all kinds of good stuff there and the folks are really cool, plus one of the best apple fritters there are can be found at Bob's Donuts right by there. As mentioned, Marconda's could set you up as well.

Not sure if a place like Bristol Farms would have packers in stock, but you could probably order through them. It will def. be very expensive, but they carry SRF. Handy's in Burbank might have something like that - maybe not in stock, but pretty sure you could order through them as well. Very good stuff there.

Harmony Farms in La Crescenta is a cool spot - not sure if they carry packers, but they have a lot more options than the average butcher.

Harmony Farms can get you everything. Forgot about them Greg and they're in my neck of the woods.:-D

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Pretty sure Huntington Meats ... can get it for you.

I went to LA to see my sister last December and told her I wanted to grill some steaks for all of us while I was out there. She took me to HM. Wow. I would tell anyone to go to that butcher for their meat. This is what I picked up from them:

7-FBB410-E-A574-442-A-B8-C3-1-C50-F13-A86-D0.jpg

I’d also recommend the just to HM’s immediate right as your eyes looking at HM; that French shop has the most awesome selection of mustards and sardines!

^^^Here's the kind kind of place Huntington Meats is: I ordered a whole pig, and it turned out the person who took the order was getting dementia, so when I went to pick up the pig the night before the cook, there was no pig. The manager, John, was at my door at about 5 am with a huge load of very high-quality cuts of pork - bellies, spares, loins, bb's, shoulders, etc. - free of charge. He gave me his cell # and said to contact him directly moving forward. They already had my loyalty, but that cemented it for good right there. Great selection of stuff, great meat, cool folks - all that. Pricey, but you def. get what you're paying for here. They'll sell you sausage casings as well & they're very good.

Any recommendations for South Bay/beach cities? There doesn’t seem to be butchers down round here.

The local Ralph’s/vons/Jon’s never have decent cuts.

Yep!

Also in South Gate. Three new locations now in Pico Rivera and coming to Riverside and Anaheim also.

Just got some meat from them last night as a matter of fact.

Their wagyu picanha is one of my favorite things to grill.

Their dry chorizo is outstanding as well.

I can't wait for Anaheim to open, since I live in neighboring Orange, and driving to Bellflower is a chore.

Worth the drive IMO though.

Want to thank everyone for their recommendations. Ended up going to El Cortez in Downey. They did not have Creekstone farms at this time, however they had a very nice prime brisket 15 pounds that comes out of Omaha Nebraska. I’ve been getting prime brisket from Costco which have been pretty good and I’ve tried a couple snake River Farms, wanted to try something different. Looking forward to making this prime brisket out of Omaha Nebraska

Back