Where do you buy your pellets?

How significant is the difference in smoke flavor from a 100% hickory pellet to a 100% cherry pellet, etc? When you buy in bulk do you typically get a variety of wood pellets or just get a ton of hickory?

I got the 1/2 ton order from bbqpelletsonline way back. Pretty good deal. I just don't have the money to swing so recently we just get cookin pellets perfect mix on Amazon. 40 for 40 free shipping

How significant is the difference in smoke flavor from a 100% hickory pellet to a 100% cherry pellet, etc? When you buy in bulk do you typically get a variety of wood pellets or just get a ton of hickory?

You can pick and choose what you want. 100% hickory is definitely the stronger in smell and taste than cherry or a mixed pellet

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pellets

Now that's a good price. Can't find anyone locally that sells LJ. I was going to buy on Amazon for $1 #. That price is worth a drive out to the valley to get some, if I can find the time to do it.

I thought that I read on the website that bulk was 20% less. good luck and let me know if you go.

Not sure if you are interested, but you can do mini bulk orders directly from Cookin’ Pellets. The Perfect Mix is $390 for 15 40lb bags delivered to your door. Each bag comes in its own perfectly sized cardboard box. A great way to save some $$. If you have a friend or family member you could always split an order 7/8 if that works better.

I bought 10 bags in Dallas about a year ago for ~$25 from a local dealer. Nice pellets too. You might find a kitchen table dealer who orders a pallet (~1600#'s) at a time that can score you a reasonably good deal in your local area.

Yep, about a half hour north from work. Dennis LOVES to talk about anything BBQ. I usually show up around lunch time and he always offers me lunch. :grin: Seems he's always smoking up something for lunch for his crew. He's shown me around the shop several times and likes to show off the latest thing he's working on.

GREAT GUY!

Oh that sounds awesome!

Just ordered 1000 lbs of Lumberjack from bbqpelletsonline - delivered to Montana @ $0.60/lb (or $24.00/40lb bag). Order split just about 50/50 between their Oak/Hickory/Cherry blend and their Oak/Apple blend. That should keep us in pellets for a while!

Shipping to here is $$$ - but a lot cheaper than what I used to have to pay in Alaska. Up there shipping stuff like this often involved getting things trucked to Seattle and then put on a barge and shipped the rest of the way. I lived in a place inaccessible by road.

Back