SMOKE FREAK

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Craig
All I can think of is wings.
But with so many ways to cook em...

So I coated my wings with Naturific Q-salt and a light spray of olive oil.
A rare windless day in Kansas brought out the Santa Maria attachment for the 22.
And we'll let the pictures tell the story.

It's grilled chicken.
A fun day with food and fire.
Thanks for checking it out.

Looks good!
Is that the Only Fire Santa Maria attachment? Assuming so would you share your thoughts on it? Thanks.

Looks good!
Is that the Only Fire Santa Maria attachment? Assuming so would you share your thoughts on it? Thanks.

It probably is the Onlyfire but I can't remember. It was a gift from my daughter and her guy quite some time ago. The weather around here makes it a rarely used grill but I love it. Some learning curve as to the coal bed/fire size. When it's not in use, it's a storage issue but so many of my toys are.

Umm, what are those green things?

The green things are okra. A southern staple. Also grows great in Kansas.
My wife (an Okie) turned me onto it near 40 years ago. I haven't gone a summer without it since.

The green things are okra. A southern staple. Also grows great in Kansas.
My wife (an Okie) turned me onto it near 40 years ago. I haven't gone a summer without it since.

Interesting. I don't think I've ever had it. Local grocers only show it available as frozen sliced. Might have to give it a try.

Superb, Craig! Chicken looks great on your Weber Santa Maria attachment, and looking forward to seeing more cooks from you using this nifty accessory.

Craig,

I know that you garden so I'll recommend an okra variety called Louisiana Green Velvet. The pods can get up to 6 inches before turning woody and the plants bush out as they mature thus increasing the yield exponentially from the regular straight stalk Clemson Spineless. One year my plants got up to 14 feet tall due to an extremely late frost.

Food looks worthy of the throwdown.

Thanks,

Robert

I've grown the LGV okra before. Once. Standing on a stepladder in my soft soil trying to cut okra from a 13' plant was no fun when I was young. I'd probably kill myself now. But thanks for the suggestion.

Interesting. I don't think I've ever had it. Local grocers only show it available as frozen sliced. Might have to give it a try.

My Wally World has frozen breaded okra. Deep fry it, sprinkle with some SPGO and OMG good. The Dickie's BBQ chain has their Foo Foo seasoning for their fried okra which is really good.
https://www.amazon.com/Dickeys-Barbecue-Pit-Restaurant-Marinating/dp/B08MWYFYC1

Smoke Freak - Excellent cook! I will check out the Q-salt, that's a new one to me.

Back