What to smoke tonight?

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Hey you with the face!
I haven't got much to smoke in awhile and I am thinking about what to make later into tomorrow morning. Got to be cheap and got to take all night. I am going to be going to a day light shift first time ever so yeah I am going to be awake with normal people. It's a few weeks away until I switch but still I am excited and want to celebrate. So any ideas to keep me up all night long? I am also thinking in the future of getting another smoker something that will keep me working all night long. I am going to have a lot more free time now. Maybe an offset. I love my pellet grill but I miss tending the fire. It's fine and all but now with some free time a more traditional smoker might be in my future. I am torn between a block pit or an offset. I like the block pit because I can build it cheap and use wood but most cheap off sets are not really any good. Although I saw a brinkmann I liked at the beginning of the summer as it was fairly heavy. Maybe I could actually form a bbq team that competes more than once since I probably will be free on Friday nights. I will worry about it in a couple of weeks tonight calls for some celebration though. What would you smoke in celebration of getting to go daylight? Got to be cheap got to take all night and got to feed 4 people.

My go to cheap meal is always pork butt, or even a picnic shoulder, those are often on sale and cheapish.

My go to cheap meal is always pork butt, or even a picnic shoulder, those are often on sale and cheapish.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Maybe some buffalo turds to go with it or moink balls. I love seafood buffalo turds. I want to make some fresh bbq sauce from my own recipe. It's based on using red creme soda. It's been so long since the overtime has died off 12 hour days kill bbq time completely but really help pay the bills. Now I am on a three day weekend and just got the daylight shift. It's just a perfect weekend for bbq finally.

My wife said they were out argh. She found chicken wings and some potatoes though so tomorrow night pork shoulder. Tonight wings with grill potatoes and a movie with the wife. Tomorrow pork if I can find one maybe I just will go out to the local butcher. I need more of his bbq sauce anyways.

A nice pork butt is very forgiving if you haven't smoked in awhile....

Let us know what you choose and keep us posted.

Back