What A Great Idea- except one

He said he could hear the knife touch the skewers twice. I didn’t have audio turned on. He’s a Shun knife gentleman. I’m a low spark though extremely sharp knife guy. I’m going to do it, probably video it, even touch the skewer and send it to him late at night.
Sometimes when you find that button, you just gotta grin and push it

Definitely cool idea and it's all in your confidence and skill level. I like your thinking in doing it and sending the video to your friend :twisted: :laugh:I am pretty sure grazing the skewer a little isn't going to ruin the knife. Heck just look what they do on Forged in Fire :-D

I don’t see a problem with it. Even if you bump the skewers it’s not with the cutting surface of the blade. It looked like he pushed the food off at the end with the back of the blade. If I’m wrong and it was the cutting side, that would have been a bad idea.

I don’t see a problem with it. Did anyone else swipe to the left and see the video of him slicing the picanha? Wow that was juicy!

I've been cutting sausages wrong for years! Seriously when you have like 8 sausages off the cooker and want to cut them up bite sized it takes a frustratingly long time.

Thanks for the tip!

I've been cutting sausages wrong for years! Seriously when you have like 8 sausages off the cooker and want to cut them up bite sized it takes a frustratingly long time.

Thanks for the tip!

Exactly

Looks like a winner technique...anyone who'd get too torqued off about a blade kissing the side of a tine probably needs to dial it back 25 percent or so. Getting stressed about stuff will kill you.

Back