Weston Vacuum Sealer

bschoen

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Bruce
Went on to the Weston site looking to get more info on the Pro-2300 VS. Found the site, but no joy on viewing their sealers. It would only cough up sealer bags and rolls.

Amazon has the Pro-2300, but Amazons "Spec sheet", as always, is pretty worthless.

Any clue what's up at Weston, looks like other than bags they having nothing to sell you in the VS arena?

Reason I ask is the Foodsaver after 15 years or so needs replacing. Now I want an upgrade.

Why don't you call them ?

Good question! I have succumbed to the online kool-aid. Didn't even occur to me that a phone still existed.

Went back to

https://westonbrands.com/vacuum-sealers-and-bags

Alas!

**Currently our phone lines are closed in order to protect our customer service staff and our communities from the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). With staff limitations, please use our online Customer Service form for assistance and we will reply via email. Thank you.**

Started to till out the form, but they require way too much info for a simple email query.
2020 - The year of disappointments.

Too bad. My guess, unhampered by any facts, is that they are sold out due to people staying home and looking for things to do. Like the yeast shortage, etc., and scratch cooking in general.

FWIW, we have a PRO1100 (11") and are very happy with it. It already takes up a lot of counter space, so we wouldn't want a larger 15" sealer. I'm not sure if 15" is even enough to cure a whole pork belly, but with 11" bags I have to cut it the long way and use two bags.

Went back to the Weston site and with a bit more patience I got the machines to finally show up. All of them are marked "out of Stock".

Asked and answered.

By patience, do you mean you found the "show more items" button at the bottom of the page? :biggrin1:

I ordered my Weston Pro 3000 from WebstaurantStore. Looks like the only thing they have left in stock is the Weston Pro 2100.

https://www.impakcorporation.com/sealers/BTC16CGVS

If you’re not tied to Weston, give this one a try. I have one of theirs and it’s a big leap up from FoodSaver. They make multi-thousand dollar sealing machines, so I trust that they make a decent home machine.

I want a double piston model. After reading several threads here dedicated to this subject, the Weston stood out for me.

Back