West Coast Lazzari Oak Hardwood Lump

CaptGrumpy

is one Smokin' Farker
West Coast Supply of Lazzari Oak Hardwood Lump

For those of you on the western states from AZ to WA that want lazzari Oak Hardwood lump, you can go to these Smart & Final and Cash & Carry stores and ask them to start carrying it for you.
http://www.smartandfinal.com/locations.aspx
I just put in a request to have our Cash & Carry on Richards Blvd in Sacramento start carrying this product and they have agreed to order a pallet of 40 pound bags and will cost $19 & change. This $3 more than I pay to order them delivered to my door but I don't have to order over $200 worth of product and store it through the winter months in a damp environment this coming winter.
I will post a review when we get the first bags in 3 weeks. i have always gotten the 20 pound bags so this will be interesting to see if it gets broken up more from the companies shipping & handling vs when I used to pick it up at Lazzari in San Francisco.
This is not the Mesquite Lump by Lazzari which they have on sale for $11.50 a 40 pound bag right now.
It won't hurt to ask since the company has no idea what we real BBQ Bretheren really prefer to cook with.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.
I had to go back and reread the post. I thought 19 bucks a bit steep, but not bad for a 40lb bag. I will see if they will get some for me at local S&F.
I hear Lazzari is producing BBQ's Galore brand charcoal, and its $16+ for a 20lb bag. I do like the stuff, but not the price.
Heading out to Restaurant Depot in a few, got the manager to order me the Royal Oak Lump which for some reason my store was not carrying. And at 8 bucks a bag, I will stock up.
Thanks again.
Bill

You guys are close enough to drive to Lazzari and pick some stuff up at the source. They are in Burlingame close to the cow place. When I lived in the Bay Area, I would pick up stuff from them directly. The most interesting was the Orange Lump, pretty good stuff, but burned fast.

They have a bunch of lump that you won't see in the stores.

I normally am running between Sacramento & Half Moon Bay this time of year for salmon season on the ocean and always stop in to buy from there but since there is not a salmon season I have not had the opportunity to get down there and with gas @ $4.50 a gallon it is cheaper to have it stocked at Cash & Carry.

Good Point on the gas. I was just thinking that they stock things that you can't get at C&C or S&F, so it still might be worth the trip

Jose has the goodies for me down there and I will be making a stop in for my annual smoking chunks purchase in a few weeks.
I have a long history with Lazzari and love their product.

Back