THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Well I'm not gonna post a spread of today's cooked. Wasn't gonna post one til the next couple days! But hey At least I'll be the only one to have a cheesy turkey!

It's just the missus and I this year.. she requested vertical offset smoked turkey and smoked scalloped potato's.. Well on the v-offset bottom rack is the best rack for birds.. And top rack is my go too for cooking panned stuff..

Well I knew it was going to happen didn't take precautions.. but everything is better with cheese.. Cheese/sauce is starting to overflow the pan of potato's.. dropping onto the turkey.. The turkey is so big I had to take out the 2nd rack in this cooker..

Also requested the turkey to be stuffed.. I don't like stuffing birds.. but I do it if its requested.
jBoDTmel.jpg

bwYQltxl.jpg

LoxxyDBl.jpg

COLOR]

Alright well I can't leave you guys hanging. Everything turned out fantastic! sooo much food for just the two of us.. I invited our neighbor over to get a plate.. he doesn't have a car and didn't have a way to get to other places today to get a thanksgiving meal!

Turkey was a little dry on the outside portion of the breast. Everything else was great. but that's ok by the time it was done at 5:30 we were ready to eat! no wonder people cook meals like this early in the morning and eat around noon!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Thanks for looking!

51oViFhl.jpg

Here's the plated pic! Had to release the buttons on the pants for the next half hour! HAHA.. You know how the missus and I settle our differences of who gets skin?!!! On all birds.. she gets the breast skin and I'll take the legs quarters! we all are happy haha!

3rT9HTTl.jpg

haea

Edit: Crap.. I meant to edit my previous post above with the new image links.. Guess I accidently "quoted" myself instead lol

Alrighty here's some finishing pics! Starting with the scalloped potato's!
UKhYyMvl.jpg

Our bird
qmYVpZNl.jpg

And our stuffing!
3UW9Nhpl.jpg

Back