Weber Smokey Joe -N- GrillGrates Combo Rides Again

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
I'm really giving the WSJ and my GrillGrates the spotlight this week. This cook began with some odds and ends cut from the last whole beef tenderloin I steaked out. The round steaks were the end pieces of the main muscle. The oblong steaks are pieces of the chain muscle. All were marinated in Head Country marinade for 30 minutes, then seasoned with BPS Cash Cow and Montreal Steak. The GrillGrates were in the 500° range measured with an IR thermometer.

IMSFZM3.jpg

hA5Eym4.jpg

Total cook time was 6 minutes, and I'm using a 1/2 pound press

6PDNtLf.jpg

If you like sear marks, the GrillGrates can make that happen.

p9ImcEv.jpg

These were served on a bed of pasta that had smoked pork loin, herbs, sherry tomatoes and Parmesan. That's avocado sourdough toast on the side.

qJaJOqe.jpg

Beautiful plate of food!

Where did you get the meat press?

Wait - lemme guess; you made them? :-D

Beautiful plate of food!

Where did you get the meat press?

Wait - lemme guess; you made them? :-D

No, but I wish I had the patent on them. They're called a Chef's Press, and made in Oakland, CA. They are stainless steel and have so many good features I probably have not figured them all out. I have the 8 ounce ones, but they stack so you can add as much weight as you need. Or if you stagger them the handle can go into one slot so they fit the food or skillet. Because of the slots they do not build up steam underneath, and you can temp your food through the slots without lifting them up. Oh, and when in a skillet or open top grilling like these steaks... the handle stays cool. They claim to cook food faster because it's in better contact with a skillet and the flat part of the weight does hold some heat. I really like them for bacon, searing sous vide chicken breasts and they make the most perfectly cooked (and colored) grilled cheese sandwiches I have ever cooked. I'm not a flavor-of-the-month gadget buyer..... but I really like these weights.

nf8sEQx.jpg

dwZGB7i.jpg

UhQ28Gj.jpg

That is an Awesome post! Thanks for sharing.I gotta admit though,I get a little worried about these times we live in when I see thirdeye eatin avocado toast!!! :shock::laugh:

Normally I reserve them to eat with manly things like sloppy Joe's. :rolleyes:

DsT55X9.jpg

Very nice. Those Wts look great. Love the grill grates. I have been using them on my gasser upside down to cook burgers recently. BTW avocado toast is good stuff

Back