Weber rotisserie ring

tubby384

Knows what a fatty is.
I have an older Weber rotisserie with the tabs sticking out to support the ring on the lip of the kettle. It leaks air and was wondering if the newer Weber rotisserie has been redesigned to fit better. Thanks in advance.

Not exactly an answer to your original question, but it might help. I also have an older Weber rotisserie with the tabs that I have been using recently. There is a small air leak on one side. Although I have not tried it, I have seen people saying that you can slightly bend the ring it to make a better fit.

I recently purchased a Cajun Bandit rotisserie for my Weber 26. When I attempted to install the ring on the 26 it appeared to be too large to fit. By carefully pushing the ring in place and working my way around the kettle, the ring fits perfectly and is air tight at that junction. The only air infiltration is around the cut outs for the rotisserie rod. Air leakage and temperature control are not a big factor for me. I like to maintain a range of 300° to 400° pit temp when cooking with the rotisserie and that is not a problem with the Cajun. However smothering the coals after a cook is not possible. The air coming in is sufficient to keep the charcoal burning with all vents closed.

I am pleased with the build quality and the heavy duty construction of the Cajun Bandit. I assume that the same would apply to the 22" Weber.

the weber ring I have is bent to fit inside the top edge of the kettle.
I added a few bolt stand offs at the top of the rotisserie ring for a grate.
Sounds the Weber roti kit I bought 5 years ago. Bottom edge of the ring is roll formed to sit on top of the kettle edge then curls inside the kettle. Mine fit good when new and even better now with some built up gunk. Only leakage is a very small amount where the spit passes through the ring.

Thanks everyone for some answers. The other issue I noticed that the rotisserie ring is sitting on top of the nuts of my Weber performer. The nuts are the ones that passes through for the lid holder. Does any of your newer rotisserie ring have cut outs for the nuts?

Thanks everyone for some answers. The other issue I noticed that the rotisserie ring is sitting on top of the nuts of my Weber performer. The nuts are the ones that passes through for the lid holder. Does any of your newer rotisserie ring have cut outs for the nuts?
Have a Performer also. Yes, the bottom edge of the ring is notched where the nuts are.

Back