Weber One Touch Garage Sale "Score"

SoCalWJS

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
John
I need another BBQ like I need another (fill in blank), but our neighborhood had it's annual community wide garage sale today. I saw a Black 22" Weber One touch in decent shape. It had "Kingsford" handles on it, but no price tag. I looked inside and it was very clean - and saw that it had the upgraded grill - the one with the lift out center circle and the hinged edges to add more charcoal. Next to it was one of the Weber enameled CI griddles, still sealed in it's box. Got everything for $50. Not a great deal, but I really wanted the hinged grill and the Griddle.
I'll need to clean it up a bit, but really. other than one little ding right at the Lid line, the thing is in very good shape. Pretty happy with this one!

Can't seem to get this to work right - thought I had it figured out.

Trying to clean up the center section of the grill. Some weird crud on it that I can't seem to get off. Literally looks like it was used twice. Tried soaking & scrubbing. Tried 409. Next is probably oven cleaner. If that doesn't work I figure I'll try to "burn it off" and soak/scrub again.

Can't seem to get this to work right - thought I had it figured out.

Trying to clean up the center section of the grill. Some weird crud on it that I can't seem to get off. Literally looks like it was used twice. Tried soaking & scrubbing. Tried 409. Next is probably oven cleaner. If that doesn't work I figure I'll try to "burn it off" and soak/scrub again.
A single edged razor blade scraper works well and has no effect on the finish. Putty knife works well, also.

Soak in vinegar? That's a great score.

I'm not even allowed to type "Weber" into Craigslist any more.:cry:

Back