THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Stopped at Costco just to get some more ziplock freezer bags. Of course I assumed we'd snag a few random other snacks/items. Went to the Costco that is a few more miles away that at one time briefly carried the full prime packers, but they stopped and haven't even had regular packers (which they never did prior to the Primes anyways).

Wandered back to the meat section and saw the same additional $10 off each brisket on top of a really good price for here of $2.79 for cab choice that others had seen at their Costcos. So cutting to the chase I left with 4 all right about 20lbs each. The $10 off took them down to the $2.30'ish range. Technically the smaller briskets would be a better deal but they were all pretty big and I wanted as thick as flats as I could find especially since I'll be corning 2 of them for pastrami.

Oddly I only grabbed 2 since I have a few in the freezer, but wife was like why don't you get more so you can do the Carolina Reaper Corned Beef again :becky:. Twisted my arm and I felt dumb for not thinking of the same thing, but that is pretty standard for most days :twitch:.

So many good looking briskets
iYvMUCEl.jpg

q4jhC9Il.jpg

hwRcokAl.jpg

Making the brine now and depending on when it cools after adding ice I might put them in it tomorrow.
nwRBbs5l.jpg

hD9r4mfl.jpg

qa6PHwyl.jpg

olFRQW7l.jpg

07unHK8l.jpg

I'll cut 2 of the briskets in half and trim off the fat and inject a little of the brine into the thicker parts then let them rid in the fridge for a week :clap2:

Man I wish they had that deal at my Costco. I was there this week and they only had the $3.99/lb Primes....I did grab a 10lber for tomorrow.

$3.37 here in KC today, down from $3.99 earlier in the week. Went ahead and picked one up, even though I still have two from Sams for < $3/lb to do a comparo. And just had two SRF 16lb briskets arrive the other day. The ones at Costco today looked better marbling wise than they have in a while.

Also picked up a deep freezer while I was there...buy it cheap stack it deep!

How many fridges do you have? With a infant in the house, I find it hard to believe you have that much shelf space in your primary fridge lol

How many fridges do you have? With a infant in the house, I find it hard to believe you have that much shelf space in your primary fridge lol

We don't need much room for him :becky:. Had 3 fridges at the old house plus my vertical freezer. Now 2 fridges and the freezer :loco:.

Back