Warren County Pork Choppers Class Review

localyocal

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Brad
Just finished up my first Competition BBQ Class I Bowling Green at the Holler with WarrenCountyPork Choppers and Donniy Bray. I thought I'd share my impressions with fellow Brethren who may be considering class.

We arrived on Friday at around 2:30 and we're able to visit a little and get to know fellow classmates as well as Donny and his family.As has always been my experience meeting fellow BBQ Competitors is always a great time. It's good to meet and interact with folks that share the same passion .

Once 3 rolled around Donny started teaching and boy can that man teach. We went over everything from meat selection, trimming, winning mindset and proper techniques and there is no doubt that he held nothing back. I learned enough that frst night to make the class worth the price of admission. I learned secrets it would have taken me years to learn, if ever, on my own. Class broke up around 8 PM. and we headed back to the motel for the night. Not before we all enjoyed a steak dinner fit for a king.

Saturday morning class started around 6:30 and we hit the ball running with in depth instruction on anything that may have happened during the night. At around 8 AM we had an awesome breakfast. From that point on Donny and the gang really kept the class going at a great pace and they utilized every minute teaching and answering any questions that we had for them. Of course before class ended early in the afternoon we all had a chance to taste all 4 categories and ask any questions we had for him.(Wow was that food incredible)

All in all its hard to imagine a class being any better. Donny and his entire family were extremely polite and made us all feel at home and welcome. I can't recommend this class enough to anyone who has been considering taking a class from one of the top teams in the country. Not only will you come away with some great insight and tools to improve your BBQ but more importantly you'll feel like you gained some friendship from some of the finest folks you'll have the pleasure to meet anywhere.

Thank you Warren County Pork Choppers for the tools and for the hospitality " Choppers Style".

Sounds like fun. One of these days I'll sign up for one...

It was a great time. I'd been wanting to go to one for a couple of years and this was everything I expected and more.its a pretty exciting year for me as I'm also hosting Mike Davis and Lotta Bull BBQ for another class next month. I just hope I don't overload on information.LOL

He is going to be my neighbor at the Comp in Nashville in 2 weeks. Looking forward to seeing him again.

That is one fantastic read, and I can tell you will get several walks if not GC this year with your enthusiasm - don't forget how you feel right now.

Back