Wampus's Thanksgiving Day Smoked Ham and Turkey FEAST

Great looking spread and family there Wampus. I love the patina on your UDS. Gotta question though. Is that a Bama shirt I see? How'd you get a Bama fan up there in IN?

Great looking spread and family there Wampus. I love the patina on your UDS. Gotta question though. Is that a Bama shirt I see? How'd you get a Bama fan up there in IN?

HA HA HA!!! I figured someone would pick up on that!

Actually, my niece called Kathy (my MIL) Bama (pronounced: Bamaw) when she was little and the name stuck. My kids all know her as Bama and that's where the shirt came from. Good catch though!:thumb:

That's it... I'm getting a turkey cannon. Your post just sealed the deal. I see Dick's Sporting Goods carries them.

The bird looks great, but the ham ham got me. I LOVE ham.
Good work... it all looks wonderful. :hungry:

DOODE! Looks killer. That "butter" ball turkey looks exactly like the one my dad did yesterday. We did it in a pan though on the UDS. Took a while to get that thing cooked. We also hit it with some SM Cherry rub. I'm liking that canon. Seems it lets the bird sit up so the smoke gets all around it! My dad tried the beer can method on the bird..............but the UDS lid wouldn't close:sad:. Looks like a great family time too! Plus, Miller Lite just makes the party! I'd hit all that spread.
Bob

HA HA HA!!! I figured someone would pick up on that!

Actually, my niece called Kathy (my MIL) Bama (pronounced: Bamaw) when she was little and the name stuck. My kids all know her as Bama and that's where the shirt came from. Good catch though!:thumb:

Funny. We called my great grandmother Bammaw. I always thought that was a Southern thing...

Back