Wagyu steaks

Home Farm BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Justin
I have some people that want to get wagyu steaks and try to get a bulk order for 4-5 individuals. Each would be willing to spend 400-500. Any ideas of where they could get the most bang for their buck?

I see snake river farms has a steak package that would be in that range that includes 4 - 8 ounce filets, Manhattan filets, and ribeyes. 12 total all 8 ounce. Figure they are going to pay one way or another considering it is wagyu. Cheap and wagyu doesn’t match up together. I’ve only gotten wagyu briskets and no experience with anything else.

Not sure if it is possible to buy a 1/2 or 1/4 beef of wagyu and have processed here in Iowa. Might try to find a farm that raises it in Iowa.

Thought it was worth mentioning here in case someone has tried to do something similar. Let’s hear some ideas. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some people that want to get wagyu steaks and try to get a bulk order for 4-5 individuals. Each would be willing to spend 400-500. Any ideas of where they could get the most bang for their buck?

I see snake river farms has a steak package that would be in that range that includes 4 - 8 ounce filets, Manhattan filets, and ribeyes. 12 total all 8 ounce. Figure they are going to pay one way or another considering it is wagyu. Cheap and wagyu doesn’t match up together. I’ve only gotten wagyu briskets and no experience with anything else.

Not sure if it is possible to buy a 1/2 or 1/4 beef of wagyu and have processed here in Iowa. Might try to find a farm that raises it in Iowa.

Thought it was worth mentioning here in case someone has tried to do something similar. Let’s hear some ideas. Thanks in advance.

https://www.crowdcow.com/wagyu

I recommend sticking to the domestic Wagyu. I’ve had an A5 strip and it wasn’t good. I

Crowd cow, especially when they run specials is a good place. I picked up some Olive Wagyu strips and it was good, but it was not life altering good. I was actually a bit underwhelmed

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the ideas. I contacted a few places in Iowa. Wagyu Iowa Connection seemed like a good place to try after some research. Roughly $5.60/pound finished weight when buying a 1/4. They had some going to locker in October. I’ll report back on how it ends up.

https://www.wagyuiowaconnection.com

Back