THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dave
This was some good chit!

Landarc was kind enough to share some technique and recipes in this thread
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219161&highlight=Srf

I was lucky enough to score some Florida full blood Wagyu flanken cut short ribs. Made up the marinade and let them soak for 3 days. The cut was only 1/2" thick so I figured a slow smoke was not gonna work; put them on a medium hot direct grill.

2015-10-27%2018.59.05_zps2bdiszbu.jpg

Fark! These things cooked in an instant; literally turned them ever 20-30 seconds then moved them to the back of the grill and applied the glaze while I seared the second load.

After glazing and letting them sit indirect for 10 minutes or so; we wound up with a pretty respectable pile of ribs; 2-1/2 pounds.

2015-10-27%2019.04.23_zpswckosi8l.jpg

Plated with some rice & mixed veggies (OK, I put the veggies on the plate but didn't eat them)

2015-10-27%2019.15.46_zpshlywd3me.jpg

Anybody that wants some really good Asian-ish beef ribs needs to take a hard look at Landarc's thread. Glad I did:thumb:

:thumb:

You get any orders for the Minion Grill? or the Baby reverse flow?

Some interest in the "minion" design, not really anything on the compact RF. Got a guy asking me to make a 20 brisket wood burning meat monster on a trailer; thinking of an insulated reverse flow box design, 60" wide X 60" tall X 30" deep with 5@26"X 50" cooking racks. If that comes together it will keep me occupied for a while.

Back