Visiting German journalist becomes a Texas BBQ convert

gruene smoke

Got Wood.
This guy... gets it

"...At this place, on a wood bench, God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost visited me in form of a pound of brisket. It was the Revelations of John, indeed. Eating the brisket felt like biting into the tree of life with a bark made of pepper and salt covering the softest, moistest, most savory piece of cow that ever touched my tongue. It took my breath away. I considered jumping into the pit because I knew in that very moment that never again would I feel this harmony and peace more clearly because I realized: Redemption does exist and it is served on butcher paper for $6.99 for half a pound in Austin, Texas. ..."

http://www.austinchronicle.com/blog...g-german-journalist-become-texas-bbq-convert/

SIAP

What a great article! Love the writing.

On another note - love the sausage from yer town. First time I ever drank a 12 pack by myself was floating down the NB river. :thumb:

What a great article! Love the writing.

On another note - love the sausage from yer town. First time I ever drank a 12 pack by myself was floating down the NB river. :thumb:

You should come to Wurstfest then. "The ten day salute to sausage" Every year first week of Nov.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
You should come to Wurstfest then. "The ten day salute to sausage" Every year first week of Nov.

Yup. My sister lives in Austin (I'm told I lived there in the 80's :twitch:) and I really, really, really wanna come visit her and eat like it's the end of the world. I'll keep Wurstfest in mind for sure - sounds like a great thing to build a trip around! :hungry:

In recognition of the fact that life is short and this sounds really farking cool, I think I'm gonna plan on going there this year.

Back