Valentine's Weekend Boston Trip with MUCH PRON

Smokin Turkey

is Blowin Smoke!
About my weekend, it was awesome! I drove up to Shrewsbury, MA and met Bruce at SpitJack. On the way, we stopped off for a visit with the OCC guys from American Chopper.

IMG_1387.jpg
IMG_1388.jpg
IMG_1390.jpg

We hung his new 6'+ x 3' signs on the walls of his amazing store. Seriously anyone in the area should make an appearance there. It is like an art gallery for BBQ!

IMG_1391.jpg
IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1395.jpg
IMG_1400.jpg
IMG_1401.jpg
IMG_1406.jpg
IMG_1408.jpg
IMG_1410.jpg

Then Bruce took the wife and I out for Chinese where he asked me to try some raw clams and eel :eek:. Being a good guest, I did and found each to have their own good qualities but i also found them to be an acquired taste. Ask Bruce the name of the place and make it a point to stop over and have some wonderfully amazing Chinese and fresh area seafood.

The next day (Valentines day) the wife and I decided it was easier to drive a few miles down the road to the T station and ride a train into the city as before. We sat for 30 minutes after the chart said the train should have arrived only to find out from the janitor that the chart was old and there would be no 1030 with the next being at 230. We had been talking to another young couple who was trying to get back home to the city so we offered to drive them in exchange for directions and some area information. Let me tell you about how nice people can be, not only did they pay all the tolls into the city, give me much better directions than my Nav was giving me, and giving us some really great information about the area, they validated my parking for their high rise apartment parking garage which saved me $30 in parking for the day and had some real interest in my products for themselves as well as some family in NY! They called us a cab and everything!

We went to Quincy market for some shopping and ate at Dicks last resort. I had a fantastic pulled pork sandwich which was really different flavored than I am used to. It was a little tangy.

IMG_1462.jpg
IMG_1460.jpg
IMG_1457.jpg
IMG_1471.jpg
IMG_1475.jpg
IMG_1479.jpg

After the shopping we sat looking over the harbor until the windy chill got to us. We decided to leave the city and head across the state to the Yankey Candle Outlets. This turned out to be one of those endless night time drives that has you in BFE driving from small town to small town from 25-45 and back again.

IMG_1483.jpg
IMG_1484.jpg

Finally, back to the hotel for much needed sleep.

Sunday we drove back twards the city for one last Brethren meeting. This time it was Smokin_D and his family. We all had breakfast and talked BBQ and travel and who knows what the wives talked about! lol. Then as we were leaving, Rich pulls out his little mini reverse flow to show me! WOW! We all said our goodbyes and went our separate ways as we had about 8 hours on the road still.

IMG_1487.jpg
IMG_1488.jpg

We made it back home last night after a few shopping stops and a dinner out around 9pm and here I am talking about all of it with no pics. (wife has the camera to show the girls at work today) tonight or tomorrow I will post all the Pron from the trip. This trip was totally because of this site. Sure, Bruce isnt on the site yet but I only heard about him because of the brethren here. I only made the business connection because I was buying an injector, the trip made it possible to take the wife to Boston for the weekend and meet Rich and his family.

IMG_1433.jpg

A lot of really good pictures there. Enjoyed looking at them. If you did the graphics of the signs that you hung, congratulations, they are top notch.

Looked like a fun trip too.

Sounds like a great trip!

Oh, BTW, I want a mini Lang!!!!!!! NOW
I plan to offer my own version of the mini lang in the next month or so. I plan to make mine to reflect the newer versions of langs. I also plan to offer LED trailer lighting and maybe a real warmer above the firebox. I see so much potential and I also see possibly a mini version of a Stumps in my future.

I'll keep everyone updated on these.

-Brian

A lot of really good pictures there. Enjoyed looking at them. If you did the graphics of the signs that you hung, congratulations, they are top notch.

Looked like a fun trip too.

Sorry! I never saw this post till I just re-read it. I did modify the graphics for the animals. The large silver (raw steel) grate on the wall, I designed from start to finish and same thing with the 18" Weber grate with the handles. Now the logo is Bruce's but I had to do a bunch of programming to get everything right. Now that I have been doing this for nearly a year, I can whip up designs in a fraction of the time.

-Brian

Back