Unexpected 4 Banger...............

1buckie

Babbling Farker
Welp...........

I see Phubar always asks What's Cookin' on Friday & was maybe going to get to something, but maybe not.....lotta external stuff going on that keeps me busy lately......

Did want to get something in for the Veg Head TD.....did some giant zukes the other day.....first two from the garden....this ended up being the 2nd two.....plus...........

The wife's eldest son & our youngest grandson were coming to town to a gaming convention of some sort (1st time taking the youngster along, plus he really loves his Granma & loves to visit)........

They bring a tri-tip & asparagus........the wife decides to start adding stuff to her leftover beans, which then turned into some kind of chili concoction......

I needed to send over some food to a friend who was kind enough to slab up some wood for me on his portable sawmill (sent a batch of beans over the other day & he was starving after a very long day @ work cutting trees...really made his day!) so more will be better !!!!

Had some jalepenos, bacon, sausage laying around, so 'Turds happened too.....

what started out as maybe no cooking at all ended up using four kettles.............

Mixed pot of inexpensive rice....I love this stuff & it's like $1.25 / per.

4Banger001.jpg

Added in some of these.....

4Banger020.jpg

and these...........

4Banger025.jpg

4Banger026.jpg

at this point, it's a meal in it's self..............

But I've been doing up zucchini boats ever since 1992 when one got tucked back under the garden wall & I didn't see it 'till it was almost 2-1/2 feet long.....nowadays, I got the hang of growing them big on purpose............

Split, core out seeds, stab w/ fork all thru so the liqiuds will cook it a bit faster...........

4Banger006.jpg

Load the boats.....

4Banger008.jpg

4Banger028.jpg

Did half with shredded chicken breast.....next time I'll put that UNDER the rice....dried just a little being on top............

4Banger030.jpg

Viking Boats.....

4Banger034.jpg

Other stuff..........
Lemon tarragon bottled dressing w/ stoneground deli mustard......

4Banger009.jpg

Shot w/ Woosty & Bord-o-Lay (the very best beef marinade I've ever found: http://www.bordolay.com/pages/products.html ), Cowboy Coffee rub.........

4Banger011.jpg

Mild sausage, cr. cheese & a little McCormick's Belgian White Ale rub....

4Banger035.jpg

And......It's a Four Banger..........

4Banger036.jpg

Pork re-heat, with beans / chili under.....

4Banger038.jpg

stacked up Viking Boats..........

4Banger037.jpg

'Turds on an 18......

4Banger040.jpg

4Banger052.jpg

Chili stuff getting there...

4Banger047.jpg

Pork, juiced up w/ Mojo almost there....

4Banger048.jpg

Tip & 4th Boat............

4Banger039.jpg

Zukes7-15-14027-1.jpg

Das Boat....a mere pup at 19" long.....

4Banger061.jpg

Plateful.......

4Banger059.jpg

Needed to fix this up for the veg TD.....after seeing the entries....it'll lose, but boy it tasted good !!!!!

all I can say is....................

d#$%, this looks very good. I am getting hungry.

d#$%, this looks very good. I am getting hungry.

Me too.....there's still some leftovers after Ma got some this AM & I sent off a BIG batch to the tree cutter guy a few minutes ago !!!!!

PS: The last of the 'Turds went for breakfast.......:laugh:

jgbmgb & tpope....Thanks for that !!!

Favorite mix for the rice is large grain basmati, same onion & sweet bell & nut additions, made with a little powdered confectioner's vanilla thrown in.....sweet rice in the boat......really good, but was missing some of the pieces for that fixup......

That is one Epic cook!

It didn't really start out that way.......was maybe going to do two halves of a zuke for the TD, but when more people show up & the wife starts getting a little creative & additive.....and well.....a day without "turds is like a day without sunshine & on & on...................

BTW, the zukes are smokeable; I've just opened the foil part of the time on a number of cooks to add in a bit.....good little addition..........

Back