Uneven heat on Weber Genesis 2

bbqfred

Got Wood.
Hi All

I have a brand new Weber Genesis which has highly uneven heating from front to back. The back of the grill is perhaps 300 degrees, the front 100 degrees, and the middle somewhere in between.

Weber thinks it is a manifold assembly. I don't know exactly what this part does - perhaps distributes the gas to the various burner tubes but how could this possibly fix the issue with uneven heating from to back?

I hate to disassemble my grill to fit a new part that may not work.

To add: I have done the pre-heating to 500 degrees, it has no problem getting up to temp. There is just a considerable difference in temp that can even be felt by hand.

Can you return it? One of my gripes about Weber is they'll keep throwing parts at a problem until something works. I have my doubts its a manifold, but being wrong isn't uncommon for me.

The back will always be hotter due to the cross over tube to light the burners

Is it possible that the gas pressure is pushing it toward the end of the tube? Maybe they need smaller diameter holes toward the back of the burner tubes and bigger ones at the front.

I agree. Think it maybe the regulator/hose assembly. Gas pressure too high. Check to see if the flame is rising off the burner surface at the front of the burners. That will verify it. You can also barely crack the propane valve open which will lower the pressure somewhat.

Other causes could be an overfilled propane tank, orifices sized wrong in the manifold,etc.

Have you tried a different propane tank?

Good Luck!

Back