Thinking of pulling the trigger on a Humphreys Battle box

Thunderoad99

Found some matches.
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a Humphreys Battle box. Any and all feeback would be appreciated, I am going from an old offset to something new.
Thanks
Lee

I think the battle box will suit my needs over the pint, I have never used a "box" smoker and am a bit hesitant.
They are good cookers built by good people. No need to worry about anything. What concerns you?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i have had one for almost a year. i absolutely love it. if you have any questions, i’d be happy to answer them.

I have the Weekender (for about 2 years now), and I consider it to be my greatest BBQ investment, by far. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I wish I could have bought a bigger one, but the budget wouldn't allow it. Easy to use, very solidly built. The only thing I don't like is cleaning it, but I would have to do that with any cooker.

I have never had one but have heard good things about them
Meadow Creek makes a really good cabinet smoker too You should see if there are any dealers in your area

I purchased a Battle Box mid summer and have used it frequently since it arrived. (Humphrey's shipping is prompt and their shipping crate is bullet proof.) Like all BBQ cookers, there is a "get to know you" period. It doesn't take long with the Battle Box. Manual temperature control is steady and consistent with or without the water pan. The firebox dividers are a worthwhile investment for long cooks using the charcoal snake method.

I use a Fireboard to monitor temps and the probe ports are convenient. I use a bit of paper towel as packing around the probe wires in the ports.
Overall, I am very pleased with the cooker for long and short sessions. I'm looking forward to the soon-to-come cold weather cooks to see how the insulation works.
My one regret is that I didn't step up one size to the Pint. More vertical space would be helpful to hang two turkeys or half dozen chickens. Otherwise, the shelves are the right size for anything I cook.

"Just Do It"

I have had my pint for about 9 months and it has been great. Easy to use, holds temps like a champ, can cook a lot of meat, and puts out a smoke profile that I much prefer to my pellet grill. I would make the same purchase again today.

As you can see, Humphreys owners are overwhelmingly happy. If you need more proof, there is a Humphreys owner group on Facebook where you will find more happy owners. Great cookers made by better people.

I have to say my experience is completely opposite of your statement. And I'm not the only one.
There are reasons they come up for sale quite often.
But happy cooking to you that like them.

What was is about the Humphrey’s that you didn’t care for? Just curious.

I love my Pint. I moved from an egg, mainly for the ability to cook more ribs flat for competition and it works like a charm. I do a couple comps a year, but if I did more I'd get the battlebox for easier loading into the truck. If it were just for home use, the pint is awesome.

I have to say my experience is completely opposite of your statement. And I'm not the only one.
There are reasons they come up for sale quite often.
But happy cooking to you that like them.

Sorry that they did not meet your needs. Hope you find a cooker that works for you.:clap2:

Back