Thermometer is broken on new grill...oh wait...

TXNewbie

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Someone
So I'm out wiping down my new Assassin 48 grill today with Pledge furniture cleaner on the black paint like Jeff suggested to keep it clean and protected and I notice that even through the grill is off, the thermometer reads almost 100 degrees.

Is it broken, i think to myself?

Then I look at the second one, and it also reads almost 100 degrees.

How could I have TWO defective thermometers on a 3 week old grill, I think to myself.

Then I wipe the sweat off my brow and then it hits me - it's almost 100 degrees outside.

Whooops. My bad. All is fine on the grill!

This happens to my cookers 70% of the year...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Black cooker in the sun? No air movement. Congratulations! You 1st 100*F are FREE!

On edit, Pat in for the WIN! Missed it by a minute. But he sure helps a Guy out with his Avatar! :becky:

Last edited:
Black cooker in the sun? No air movement. Congratulations! You 1st 100*F are FREE!

Actually It's not all black and it was in the shade.

I know it does that normally, but for some reason I completely blanked for a minute. :oops:

I was walking through Lowes a few days ago and noticed about half the grills/smokers they had on display inside the store were reading 100 - 175 degrees. I wasn't sweating and I'm fat. I don't think it was anywhere near 175 degrees in there!

Fella told me about one of his buddies who calibrated his dial thermo to zero "since there was no fire under it". And wondered why he burnt the hell out of stuff.

Back