The thank you party

superlazy

is Blowin Smoke!
So had a party sat. to thank everybody who helped us move. The players were 2 bone in shoulders,hamburgers,hot dogs, a wonderful kielbasa I recently discovered, baked beans, baked potato salad. There was more but I don't recall what.

Started the butts at 11pm fri.. word to the wise do not get your smoker going in bear feet!!!!! I must have dropped a hot coal and in the dark stepped on it. My toe is not happy.
Woke ap 6am sat. and checked smoker was at 300:icon_blush: Fark checked the meat 180deg bark looked good so I closed a vent and went back to bed. Wife wakes me at 8 to tell me my fire is out, grrrrrr
Meat is done, Great were not serving till 4pm:mad: Foiled them and put em in the cooler.2pm I checked and IT was 135, were still ok, tossed them in the oven @ 200 and pulled at 4pm. I got to tell you I thought I farked this one up good!! But they were awesome!!! Not the least bit dry and melted in your mouth:becky: It was a great day!!! good food and good people. Everybody was gone by 9pmand we were cleaning up when my best friend called "Sorry man just got off work. Party still going on I'm starved and need a beer." Nope but come on over, Plenty of food and beer let.Let party #2 start lol

A little pr0n I put the teens in charge of pics and they didn't take many
corn_zpsc00c8627.jpg

Fresh picked from a local farm not a mile away

20130907_164053_zps1ad17a56.jpg

girls are pulling the shoulder or are they goofing off lol

20130907_164038_zps7f3959aa.jpg

I smoked a big old fatty for breakfast today but got caught taking it off so I make a quick sample platter. That was a mistake I ended up slicing the whole thing up everybody wanted more:biggrin1:

20130907_170114_zps49722210.jpg

wife is a grillin

20130907_170134_zpse70cdd05.jpg

20130907_170124_zps64c6e9ed.jpg

keepin the corn warm

kayak_zpsee140429.jpg

kayak2_zpsd9b4d131.jpg

I borrowed a couple kayaks so after dinner the teens wanted to go play. My daughter and her friend were so proud of themselves that they made it all the way across the lake and back:clap:

dog_zpsba5ce5b3.jpg

Dogs were simply exhausted by the end of the day. See that big knuckle head laying on the floor? Grrrrr. Dogs were out with us most of the day and since we don't have a fence yet we had them tethered to a couple of cinder blocks with real heavy dog leads. Been working so far:icon_blush:
Well at one point I hear all this ruckus and there is the big dummy running across the street brick in tow after somebody walking their dog(insert many curse words)wife and one of the teens hot on her heels. Fine I tied the cable off to the tree, good luck dragging that:grin:. Fail, Were sitting around beer flowing, tummy's full and I see the moose take off after a young couple with there kids walking there pup, Hehe this should be funny when she reaches the end of the lead. OH fark!!!!!!!!! I don't think I have run that fast in 10yrs!!!! Thank god all she wanted to do was lick the little girl and the dad had her under control.
As the apologies were flying out of my mouth here comes the wife with her collar. She broke the Farking collar:twitch:

Guess what dog you are wearing the big choker from now on.

What a good looking family! I've helped a lot of people move, but nobody ever had a thank you party after. How it's supposed to be.

Thanks guys it was a blast, I'm already getting bugged to do it again before the weather turns cold.

That poster and another were hanging in my neighbor's rec room.
He knew I liked them so he gave them to me as a going away present, Good man I'm going to miss living next to him

Looks great! We are planning on moving into that general area (not sure what town yet) in about 2 years. Got to get out of Illinois before it gets any worse!

Looks great! We are planning on moving into that general area (not sure what town yet) in about 2 years. Got to get out of Illinois before it gets any worse!

If there is anyway you can afford to.. do it now!!!
17 yrs ago when we were looking for out 1st house we tried hard to get a place in the county but ended having to buy in Kenosha because anything in my price range was a shack that needed to be torn down.
With the market the way it is right now I was able to pay cash for the new house and we are renting out the old house. Do some looking you will be shocked whats out there. If you want I can hook you up with my realtor. It never hurts to just look

What a good looking family! I've helped a lot of people move, but nobody ever had a thank you party after. How it's supposed to be.

Oh you just have to. IMHO moving sucks and having great folks to help is a real blessing even if they can just give a few hours. How could not do something nice.:grin:

Back