THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WBDubya

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Bryan
I’ve been eyeing these grills for some time now. I was looking for a super fast high temp finish after reverse searing steaks and chops on my pellet grill - I wasn’t interested in a charcoal/vortex type setup or weed burner. I considered the Northfire Inferno, Beefer and Otto Wilde. This morning Amazon had a lightning deal on the Otto Wilde so I pulled the trigger. I also had a ton of Amazon points to help defer the cost which made my decision easier. I’m expecting the grill to arrive on Friday and I’ll start posting my impressions. I realize the O.F.B grills aren’t super popular or well known on this forum but I’m hoping my experience will help others decide if this type of grill is right for them.

Curious how those do. I see a knockoff for around 200 bucks. Not sure it would be large enough for tritips and such.

Cannot wait to hear whatcha think... and see pics!!! I have come soooo close to pulling the trigger on one of these on more than one occasion.

Post up your first cook B :clap:

Here’s a bone in ribeye managers special I got at QFC today:

KIA8z5El.jpg

1.5 mins per side and then lowered the grate and cooked additional 2-3 mins

3TIgqJzl.jpg

iPxIRVsl.jpg

tHqLblsl.jpg

A steak like this on a weeknight and could not have been easier. The wife really enjoyed it.

Looks awesome @KORND4WGX! It's killing me but it will probably be next weekend before I can break it out, I have to leave town for a business trip :(

I like it a lot - I’ve been doing most my weekday cooking on it now that it’s winter and dark by 4pm here in the PNW :mmph:

No real gripes - I guess the one thing would be it’s hottest right under the burners and doesn’t cover the entire grate surface - not a big deal since I’m only cooking for the wife and I primarily. But it’s one reason I upgraded to the Otto, plus I like the way I can adjust the grate height and now I can get a cast iron skillet under there :clap2:

The Otto Wilde is a searing machine! I did a reverse sear on some Rib Eyes last night, pulled them off of the pellet grill at 120° and placed them on the grate of the Otto Wilde. after a 90 second sear each side I finished the cook. The meat was just a tad overdone, next time I'll pull them off at 100°. Pictures can be found on another thread:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4261787#post4261787

Glad it’s meeting expectations :clap2. Ribeye looks perfect.

I used it today for some pork chops and they turned out pretty good but recommend do not walk away from the Otto :mmph:

Thanks! The Otto will definitely turn your meat into something unrecognizable if you walk away! You'll get more than the standard "burnt ends", it will be "burnt Rib Eye".

Just received an email from Otto Wilde about a new accessory. I like the looks of it, what do the fellow Otto brethren think?

f0b036c4f3c1632223f770d3a7b91bde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received an email from Otto Wilde about a new accessory. I like the looks of it, what do the fellow Otto brethren think?

f0b036c4f3c1632223f770d3a7b91bde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be the first to grab one… guaranteed! Was wondering why something like that didn’t exist when I first bought the Otto.

I may beat you to it! Should keep the grate from flopping down after you pull it out and forget to support it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back