The missus's birthday dinner!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Hey folks! So Its that time again.. the missus asked for a steak, shrimp stuffed shroom dinner.. so Of course its better/cheaper than going out to a fancy restaurant (good luck finding one open now a days)

Normally I would do the stuffed shrooms in the oven.. But my oven is out right now.. I was a bit worried about throwing them on the grill but they did great! just low heat on the shroom side and high eat on the steak side!

She requested a Filet problem with that is... She likes it when i pan fry the steak and then fry the shrimp in the same skillet for the shrimp to get all the steak flavoring from the pan.. So I threw on a 1 1/2" ribeye for myself with the shrooms on the grill and pan fried her steak.

Shrooms are just stuffed with cream cheese and triple cheddar.. This time I used the shrimp/seafood seasoning but normally I'll do salt, garlic and pepper with some smoked paprika.

VLFaVtjl.jpg

My Ribeye
ToYObIkl.jpg

her Plate
nRP4OdEl.jpg

my plate

ODFyzt8l.jpg

Dinner was good time to go enjoy a night of hanging out watching movies and just chillin!

Preview for tomorrow.... got a 10lb pork butt going on the smoker tomorrow! Look forward to that too!

Your a smoothy, that, food looks very pleasing

Cooking the same meal, two different ways, had to be a challenge. Looks like you took it on well!

Cooking the same meal, two different ways, had to be a challenge. Looks like you took it on well!

Well truthfully.. I thought about cooking the one steak in the iron skillet on the grill.. I thought i wouldn't have enough room.. so bout time my steak hit 100 degree's I got the skillet going inside.. the shrooms were almost done i turned the heat off of them.. and let the heat from the steak side continue to cook/warm them. Moved in and out from the inside.. wasn't too bad because it was such a large steak on the grill

Really great cook and on the timing of it all. I would be really happy with a birthday meal like that. Happy Birthday to the misses

Happy birthday to your wife and congrats on a fantastic looking meal! My wife will be out of town on her birthday ( next weekend), so I guess I will have to cook something on the smoker for me:clap2:

Back