The kindness of the brethren strikes again... thanks Groundhog66!!!

caliking

is Blowin Smoke!
A few days ago, I set out to order some Simply Marvelous rubs. Went to the website, but balked when I saw the shipping charge. Steph from SM was quick to let me know that the shipping calculator is off sometimes and the actual charge is quite lower. He refunds the difference when you check out, plus he gives a brethren discount when you order! (Thanks Steph:thumb:).

When I initially posted, Groundhog66 graciously offered to share some of his stash of SM rubs with me. I received them in the mail today.

I caught a whiff of the rubs through the package, despite the tape. I opened the envelope and it was like dying and going to heaven. The scent was farkin intoxicating! Each rub smells fantastic by itself (wet finger test proved this), but the mingling of their aromas in the envelope was something else. I'm going to save the envelope to smell later. Wish we had Smell-o-vision. I'm pretty sure already that I'm going to be getting my own stash of SM rubs soon. Was expecting the package to arrive today, so I bought a rack of spares yesterday ( pron to come later).

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Tim!

Attachments

• Simply Marvelous rubs.jpg
    Simply Marvelous rubs.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 194
Brethren are AWESOME! Please, send a PM to Ron_L and ask to join a certain group.

I have only been here for a couple of months. But, I can honestly say that I have never been around such a kind, generous group of folks.

FYI, You can use the Cherry rub to brush your teeth, it's that good!

Actually we use it on everything, salad, popcorn, grilled veggies, grilled garlic bread, burgers, chops, wings, you get it...Good luck and thank a brethren!

Cool!!! This is an awesome group here, I love being a member! That was really great of you Groundhog66! Oh, and yeah, I LOVE SM rubs!

Which one does Groundhog use on his brisket? Or does he rotate every week?

Yup. Some good folks around here for sure. :thumb:

I had the same experience with SM... Steph runs one classy company there!

I've been keeping my eye on the trading post thread, is that a has been? Do they do trades anymore? I thought, now that I've got some product, this would be fun to participate in!

I had the same experience with SM... Steph runs one classy company there!

I've been keeping my eye on the trading post thread, is that a has been? Do they do trades anymore? I thought, now that I've got some product, this would be fun to participate in!

I just participated in my first trade round which ended last week. Looking over the spacing of the previous rounds I would say that the next one will be sometime in Jan.-Feb. 2012. Outlaw Swine hooked me up and I had a lot of fun finding him some goodies myself. NCGrimbo organized the round so he may have more info for you.

I just participated in my first trade round which ended last week. Looking over the spacing of the previous rounds I would say that the next one will be sometime in Jan.-Feb. 2012. Outlaw Swine hooked me up and I had a lot of fun finding him some goodies myself. NCGrimbo organized the round so he may have more info for you.

Ah... very cool! I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next one! It looked like the last one was 8-30 (or there abouts) so I wasn't sure if they stopped donig it or not.

Back