the 4 hour smoked pork is back!!...with a side of homemade beans!!

Not interested in telling the story here?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I checked, and it looks like all the BBQ Brethren forum is good for to this member is a place to post links to his blog. Ten posts, almost all links to his blog -- or thanks for looking at his blog.

I didn't bother to read it. If it's not worth his effort to post his text and pr0n here, it's not worth my effort to read his blog.

Just my 2 cents.

johnny_crunch

sorry for all the hostility. if you notice it's my wife's food blog. i'm just a guy who likes to bbq and smoke pork. i thought it would be fun to post our adventures with the smoker. i'm not a "poster" or a blogger. i won't be posting anymore from my wife's blog.

Your more than welcome to be part of this great group of Q devotees, but if all you want to do is promote something you should get a commercial account. I hope you reconsider and join in. It's an information rich environment and good for an occasional laugh.

Frank - if you want to share, that's great, we just request that you copy and paste your blog content here, so it doesn't look like a "hit and run"and members who don't wish to leave the site can see it right here... it's clearly stated in our rules and we believe is a fair request that applies to all, not targeting you.

Ok, yes it's spam, but I read it and I am intrigued by the idea of a pressure cook followed by a shorter smoke. Anybody actually tried that?

johnny_crunch

sorry for all the hostility. if you notice it's my wife's food blog. i'm just a guy who likes to bbq and smoke pork. i thought it would be fun to post our adventures with the smoker. i'm not a "poster" or a blogger. i won't be posting anymore from my wife's blog.

Dude, I don't want you to go away. Just the opposite, I want you to be a part of the brethren -- a real part of the brethren. That means posting your cooks here, not posting links to your wife's blog.

You can copy and paste the text, and post up the photos. Basically, make an effort to be a part of the forum. Yeah, I'm genuinely interested in your cooking, but when all I see is a link to a blog, I have to wonder if you are just building traffic so you can sell ad space. If you post on this forum, I know you are just trying to share your cooking with us.

If you want to hang out with us, we'd love to have you, but I think you need to really hang out with us, not phone it in. That's just my opinion, but I have a feeling I'm not alone.

CD

robbq

the pressure cooker is awesome. we use it all the time. perfect cooking when you get the timing down. now, the 4 hour method for your pork? please try it yourself. 2 hours 350 degrees, 2 hours foiled. internal temp 210. it works every time for me. gl

frank

dude

again, i'm not a "poster" or a blogger. i'll leave that to my wife, i smoke meat and chicken. if you actually looked at her blog it's more international. she has had 105 countries log in and over 300 posts. southern bbq is not the highlight, i just wanted to share, i'm not calling anything in. i will not be posting her blog anymore. sorry for the interruption.

frank

Back