Thank you cook

dave12b

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Well I figure it is time that I start adding to the great conversations here instead of just absorbing them. So here is my first cook post.

Ok, here's the situation... I am a midnight shift patrol sergeant in a middle size Sheriff's Office in the middle of the midwest. I had today off so I decided to cook a thank you meal for my team as well as our sister team in corrections. I wanted to do it over Labor Day weekend but the weather was crummy and half the a
shift was on vacation.

Bought 2 pork butts (10 and 9.5 lbs) and some sides. Decided to try hot and fast for the second time, the first time turned out geat. Put on sime salt/chile pepper based rub I picked up in Tennessee on my last trip. Put them on my old New Braunfels Black Diamond around 325 ish running with strait hickory. Cooked to about 160ish where I liked the color and put them in a pan covered in foil with a little apple cider viniger/water/rub mixture. Switched to lump to finnish. Sitting at 196/181 right now. Also made some of my version of "number 5" sauce, these Midwesterners don't really care for my prefered style sauce but thats cool with me.

Planning on serving the guys and gals around midnight or soon after. I'll let y'all know how ot turned out.
b27a550a56378c344c2936f1390e8c80.jpg
dc8932a276606aa4e2720b6bf45fe106.jpg
3cef9e6b2b43c7e92f7b7315a6840aa2.jpg
450b6249b46d04449d2100af6e841526.jpg

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

That cook looks amazing, I would be very grateful to have some of that. Thank you for taking care of the deputies. Saying thank you costs you little as a leader but means so much to those you lead.

Looking good! That's the offset that I learned on and handed down to a friend who still uses it today after 15+ years. Let us know how it came out.

Thavk you very much. I am blessed with a great crew but you are absolutely correct in that it is the little things in leadership that means the most.
That cook looks amazing, I would be very grateful to have some of that. Thank you for taking care of the deputies. Saying thank you costs you little as a leader but means so much to those you lead.

Thanks. I I got her as a recipient of a hand me down from my dad about 10 years ago. Mostly stayed in his barn but for a few cooks a year. I am enjoying learning on her.
Looking good! That's the offset that I learned on and handed down to a friend who still uses it today after 15+ years. Let us know how it came out.

Both off at 203 and are probe tender. Little one came off 30 minutes before the other. Wrapped up and put in the cooler to rest. Now just got to pack up and head out.

Good treat for the team, as a ex law enforcement in the Midwest i say thank you and your dept for all you do. Stay safe brothers and sisters! :eusa_clap

Thanks all for your kind words. It was a good meal with great people. I am liking this hot and fast stuff and will have to play with it a little more. Seams to be a good compromise between my enjoyment of playing with the fire and getting enough rest to enjoy the people I cooked for.

Back