Tankless Water Heater

BBQEsquire

Knows what a fatty is.
Greetings, Brethren.

I installed a sink onto my Smoker trailer. I need a water heater. Any recommendations? Ecotemp, Gasland others?

Thanks in advance.

I had one I got off eBay I used for years that was on a trailer I recently sold. I don't remember the name but it had a stainless steel front not plastic like most. I it was a LP model 18L if it will be mounted out side and your in an area with freezing temps make sure you drain it. I also plumbed in a hose bib on the hot side so I could hook a hose on it to wash out pans.

Consider the Navien line of TWHs.

I have a natural-gas TWH in my home that we love; I think (emphasis on think) that Navien's TWHs also work on propane as well as NG.

Here's my set up in comp trailer this running a shower an outdoor sink (in future). Its eco temp highly recommend great brand had zero problems out of it . Heats up within seconds.

Last edited:
I have a Girad GSWH-2 tankless heater installed in my trailer. It does the job in powering my shower and sinks including an outdoor sink.

gswh-2-tankless-rv-water-heater587.jpg

https://www.girardgroupcompanies.com/product-details/gswh-2-tankless-water-heater-47

-Eric

They make a propane model for camping, not sure how well it works but would bet for using only once in awhile it might work great for cheap

I've got the Ecotemp L5 on my BBQ food trailer and it works pretty well. Only problem is wind as the wind will blow the flame out. They do make a very similar model but it's designed to be mounted inside the trailer with an exhaust to vent the gases outside.

I've been using the same one for almost 3 years now and outside of the wind I have zero complaints. Mind you I'm talking 15MPH+ causes issues, but anything below that and I'm good to go. I've ran it for 30 minutes at a time to clean out the smoker or the gray water tank and it's fantastic. During the summer I can get 170° nonstop, and during the winter I'm in the 120° range.

This is the interior model which I'm putting on my trailer here in the near future. The wind out here next to the ocean has given me problems, so having it internally mounted just makes way more sense.

https://www.eccotemp.com/eccotemp-fvi12-indoor-4-0-gpm-liquid-propane-tankless-water-heater/

I will not recommend a specific brand but highly recommend a good water filter on all in coming water. Calcium deposits are the worst enemy of copper tubing under heat.

I have used several Eccotemp L5 heaters and have good luck using them with sinks and showers. They usually last several years without needing repairs even when left outside. Just be sure to drain them properly in freezing weather. They are about the cheapest on eBay for around $100. They can blow out if it is very windy. The main problem I have had is with spiders getting in the burner manifolds and making it burn very rich and sooty. Also, the battery connections will rust so drill a drain hole in the plastic cover.

Back