Tag Team Thai Tao Cook

NoOne

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
NoOne
So today was a big day, I got to go back to the office and actually worked a full day in real cloths (work from home was not good for me)! So I got home and asked the wife what was for dinner and she said we were having Thai garlic, ginger chicken skewers with a peanut/coconut satay sauce. She had everything ready, chicken was marinated and skewered, the coals were lit and everything was ready to go. So I stepped in to finish it off.

I pulled out the Thai Tao charcoal burner, haven’t used that in a long, long time. In case anyone was wondering, a Thai Tao is a terracotta charcoal burner used in Thailand. It burns super hot.

KTV3NNT.jpg

The coals are almost ready... looking for the 1 second mark. If it is too hot to hold my hand over the coals for more than 1 second, they are ready.

LPh7V7S.jpg

The chicken is on!

ftoU1ry.jpg

Looking tasty, but cooking fast.

5NxaXY2.jpg

Get them piled up and give a quick baste with the left over marinade.

y9YOVaS.jpg

And now serve it up with some steamed rice, broccoli and carrots with the peanut sauce. And yes, the cheesy sushi boat is an absolute must!

EvPMRnZ.jpg

And it’s all done!

QwnlVLZ.jpg

It was really good. The peanut sauce could have been better, we will try a different recipe next time. But what was best was the Tag Team effort, not having to do the prep and picking up over the coals. Great cook!

Thanks for looking.

That's fantastic!

Thoroughly interested in where you got the Thai Tao... could come in handy around here.

Wow, that looks good. Thai has become one of my favorite foods. I had my first taste of it while on vacation 6 years ago in Colorado and loved it. When we got home I checked to see if there was a Thai restaurant near us. Turned out there was one 10 miles from home, I eat there 3-4 times a month now.

Back