Sunday Rib Cook

rocky2298

Full Fledged Farker
Just a couple pics.. Meat Monster... Mix of loin back and spares. Filled up the firebox with stubs charcoal as that's all I had and wasn't fixin' to go out for lump on Sunday AM. I also figured it was a good time to experiment with charcoal.

Worked pretty smooth although couldn't get the Monster to get up to 275 until later in the cook. I was in the low teens during the cook and its been that way for days previous so that baby was stone cold.

Anyways - turned out real nice and the Meat Monster is such a joy to cook on and is so incredibly versatile.

No finished shot.. Just one going on and one about a hr out from being finished.

2vuhm5u.jpg

316nc0k.jpg

tinypic.com

The monster is huge cooker, no wonder it took a while to get to temp. I'd warm it up with a weed burner. Just wondering why did you use the elevated rack. Oh and send me a half rack of them spares.

I mostly just wanted to try the rack out and I figured why not now as i needed a little more room. Good tip on the weeb burner! Make starting the firebox a breeze also.

I have 3 elevated racks total. They will be nice for moving meat around if you want to easily move stuff to the hotter side of cooker. There are two thermos on the cooker and the one nearest firebox will run real close to always 50 degrees warmer.

Back