Stuffed Red Peppers

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I haven't made or posted this in quite some time, always worth another taste and look.

Start with some diced onion and garlic, mixed into ground beef and ground pork, seasoned with PlowBoys and Worcestershire. Form them into good sized burgers. They go onto the grill with Italian Sausage links. I already had some roasted red peppers on hand, so I grilled up a few more which were added into the tomato sauce -

VkcJ4I8.jpg

vF1zkXL.jpg

Once they're done, dice up the sausage and break up the burgers -

5yFKI1R.jpg

Mix them together with Tomato Sauce and Shredded Mozzarella -

iLBOonv.jpg

2GYCFdY.jpg

Split a few Red Peppers, spread some tomato sauce on the bottom of the pan and fill the peppers with the mixture. Top with more sauce and mozzarella -

TKld666.jpg

And out onto the Goldens' they go, which is now set up indirect with the second tier of grates -

UwKJikS.jpg

Melting nicely and after about 40 minutes they're ready to come off -

MFjmh6f.jpg

ovDXpt5.jpg

Better pic in the house -

GOOcRDm.jpg

Plated -

ntInhz4.jpg

lxOFpSX.jpg

Cut 'em up, add some Parmesan and dig in -

nDtZQCI.jpg

PIZOlfa.jpg

Jborkyv.jpg

About the only thing missing is a crusty loaf of Italian Bread.

No rice filler with these, it's all meat in the filling. The sausage really adds to the flavor.

Thanks for checking out tonight's dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

Love me some stuffed peppers.

I love your all meat approach.

I have a fairly unique version that I make. Tis the season. Might have to post some pics.

Man these look good. Genuinely learned something. Of all the times I've made stuffed peppers I never loved them, they were totally fine but pepper to stuffing ratio was never right.

Cutting the peppers in half :doh:, I'm so dumb. This is so obvious.........

So glad you posted. Genius.

Thanks all.

I should mention the basis for my peppers originally came from a BBQ Pit Boys video way back in 2013. I'd always stuffed them with rice and uncooked ground beef which would turn into a greasy unappetizing mess. Grilling the meat beforehand, omitting the rice completely and adding sausage was a game changer. I don't miss the rice one bit.

Since my wife doesn't care for green peppers I've always used red. I cut them in half rather than just lopping off the tops to get better stuffing distribution and more surface area when cooking.

Sometimes I use ground turkey in the mix, sometimes ground chicken. Today I happened to have beef and pork in the freezer.

The one added benefit today? I have two burgers left over as well as some sausage links. I know what's on my lunch menu the next few days.

Thanks all.

I should mention the basis for my peppers originally came from a BBQ Pit Boys video way back in 2013. I'd always stuffed them with rice and uncooked ground beef which would turn into a greasy unappetizing mess. Grilling the meat beforehand, omitting the rice completely and adding sausage was a game changer. I don't miss the rice one bit.

Since my wife doesn't care for green peppers I've always used red. I cut them in half rather than just lopping off the tops to get better stuffing distribution and more surface area when cooking.

Sometimes I use ground turkey in the mix, sometimes ground chicken. Today I happened to have beef and pork in the freezer.

The one added benefit today? I have two burgers left over as well as some sausage links. I know what's on my lunch menu the next few days.

Gotta love the Pit Boys,kinda silly,but cook up some interesting combinations.Your stuffed peppers look,,,,,,,GOOOOD! Y’all eatin good at the pit tonight!

Love me some stuffed peppers.

I love your all meat approach.

I have a fairly unique version that I make. Tis the season. Might have to post some pics.

Please do. I'm always looking for variations in recipes and would love to see your version.

My mom never out rice in her SP's. My wife does and I like better w/o rice...but dont want to start a fight...so we have rice. Maybe next batch...I will use your suggestion and make some myself.

Thanks for the reminder of a great dish!

Thanks for the reminder Dom. We used to make stuff peppers quite a bit. Fell off the wagon for some reason. Those beauties are enuf motivation for me to get back in the saddle.

Back