THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This was a really tough contest! 3 180's in the brisket category alone! Congrats to all who walked. Thanks to Debbie Yopp for a great event and Annella I had a great time with you! You look marvelous!

Had a blast at Norco (at least, after 1:31pm on Saturday). I thought ribs were our best category - until award time... they were 72 out of 75 teams with a 151.9772 - those dang judges, can't stand 'em :-D

It was great seeing so many Brethren do well, just check out their representation in the Top 10 overall:

Benny Aduato - FunTime BBQ (3rd overall, 700 pin, 2nd ribs, 7th brisket)
Thom Emery - What Wood Jesus Que (4th overall, 2nd pork, ancillary people's choice vote as the coolest man in BBQ)
Steve Aguilar - Vicious Smoke/ViciousGame (5th overall, 10th chicken, 7th ribs, 8th pork)
Sterling Ball - Big Poppa Smokers (6th overall, 2nd chicken)
Sterling Smith - Loot n' Booty/Smitty250 (8th overall, 8th ribs)

Congrats to all who walked (nice seeing you up there Bigmista - great chicken call!)

Annella, you were so fantastic all weekend, I can't say it enough !!

Annella I'd like to see it offered at the Winter Haven Smoke on the Water FBA contest. Well established, huge turnout of teams (80+) and public (10,000 - 15,000), benefits the local Boy's and Girl's Clubs. :-D

BTW, love seeing the Swamp Out Cancer t-shirt above!!

Last edited:
It's 4:30 am Sat morning, just walked around and both Mo and Myron are here and ready to go - should be fun.

Thank you Annella for last night, it was amazing (well, that could be taken the wrong way). The meal was fantastic, and your Q&A with Myron was so much fun. You (and SRF) are so supportive of BBQ - truly first class

LOL I just saw this and yes, it was amazing! I'm finally back in the office for a little bit and able to catch up! So glad you guys had a great time and we can't wait to come out and do it again!

Good luck out there this summer!

Back