Source for Top-notch New York Strip Steaks?

TBoneMac

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Mac
My son and his wife asked me to cook New York Strip steaks for Christmas dinner. They like my steaks.

I usually cook prime-grade New York Strips from Costco. But I'm wondering: is there a source for even better steaks at comparable prices?

I love Wild Fork steaks, but they don't carry New York Strips, it seems.

Thanks.

Walmart. This past Father's Day I noticed they had some wagyu ribeyes among others. I know that it wasn't a super high-quality grade but, it sure was good. The best ribeye I ever had. The marbling was just right in my opinion. Anything more I think would have been too much/rich. The availability is hit or miss but, I highly recommend and yes they had strips more so than others.

Not sure about your price range but I have always had a great experience with Creek Stone Farms.

https://www.creekstonefarms.com/col.../products/natural-prime-boneless-strip-steaks

Just noticed they have a sale going on.

https://www.creekstonefarms.com/col...e-offer-choice-boneless-strips-6-12-oz-steaks

Thanks. I've heard great things about Creek Stone Farms elsewhere as well. I checked them out and just ordered a 6-pack of 16-ounce prime-grade New York Strips.

I only need 4 steaks on Christmas Eave, so the extra 2 give me 2 opportunities to practice. High school football practice was no fun, but practicing with prime-grade steaks is a lot of fun.

Price for 6 of these steaks (with "free" delivery): $164.

Only on a very special occasion...

If they like it when you make the prime steak from Costco why not stick with that? Without actually saying it directly, that’s effectively what they asked you for.

If they like it when you make the prime steak from Costco why not stick with that? Without actually saying it directly, that’s effectively what they asked you for.

When I first joined Costco many years ago the meat quality was excellent but somewhere along the way something changed. Now at our local Costco, much of the beef is not as flavorful or tender. It may just be my Costco, I don't know but I was disappointed.

For this reason, I started looking for other places to find good quality beef. Creek Stone Farms is one of my favorites but I usually buy when stuff is on sale.

When I first joined Costco many years ago the meat quality was excellent but somewhere along the way something changed. Now at our local Costco, much of the beef is not as flavorful or tender. It may just be my Costco, I don't know but I was disappointed.

For this reason, I started looking for other places to find good quality beef. Creek Stone Farms is one of my favorites but I usually buy when stuff is on sale.

Thanks for the explanation. I don’t have a Costco near me so I don’t know what they have.

Back