THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
I Found a Source For Micro-Channel Vacuum Sealer Bags In Bulk if anyone has an interest.....

These will work on Vac-Master, Weston, Tilia, FoodSaver, Magic-Vac, Rival Seal-a-Meal, Black & Decker, SPV-5 , Kenmore, Pro-2100 and 2300, Vacuseal, Deni, Cabela's, Sears-Fast Vac-Mini-2010, and other models that use micro-channel bags (one Textured side and one Smooth side).

Prices at the 1,000 packs are great, and the bags come in 10 each of 100 bag packages. For those who do not use a lot of bags, your normal source is probably fine, unless you combine an order to split among several others.

The 6" x 16" are perfect for sealing smoked sausage.

https://www.sorbentsystems.com/channel_bags.html

Those are some really good prices and an amazing variety of sizes and material thicknesses.

TIM

5mill bags... wow. Ive been paying a little more for the Cabelas brand bags. They at 4 mil and seems like a world of difference from the cheaper 3.5 bags

I think the newest Weston Pro can adjust to seal the 5mil bags. not sure how they would perform on the 2300. Hate to try with a foodsaver

5mill bags... wow. Ive been paying a little more for the Cabelas brand bags. They at 4 mil and seems like a world of difference from the cheaper 3.5 bags

I think the newest Weston Pro can adjust to seal the 5mil bags. not sure how they would perform on the 2300. Hate to try with a foodsaver

I have the Cabela's-branded Weston. I believe that you can adjust the seal time to account for bag thickness. I'll check when I get home tonight.

David

I also use a lot of their 3.5 mil bags without issues, not just for freezing, but for dry goods as well. Also when shipping jars / bottles of wet items like in the Brethren trades, I put the bottle in a bag and seal. I hit the manual button to leave a little air in the bag, that way if the bottle breaks in shipping, or the change in pressure in the cargo compartment causes a slight leak, the liquid is contained. At that price, it is great to use them for many things, quart bags for .12 you can't go wrong. My wife buys 25 pound bags of rice and pre-measures it for use in cooking. She saves time and effort in preparation, as well as keeping the rice fresh, she simply grabs a bag and cuts it open when she makes a rice dish..

Mad Man -
I have gotten bags w/ some texture down the middle of one side.
Same idea?

Yes, the textured surface allows the path to draw the air out.

I use the 5 mil 6 x 16 for sealing sausage, they work fine on the Weston 2300, you just have to press slightly firmer when the suction first starts. They seal fine with the standard timing of the 2300.

Last edited:
Back