Son's 1st cook on ECB gourmet

I have a couple mods I did to mine and I get a solid 8 hrs from it on about 10# before it drops below 200 degrees

1> Damper on the bottom...I made a slide one and then the

2> fire grate in the fire pan with about 1.5" clearence from the bottom pan. Just some large bolts and double nuts

I do notice I can run it virtually shut down for the first couple hours and then I open about 1/4-1/2 way At about 6 hrs I open more air and keep the temps up to around 240-250. I also give it a little kick to clear any ashes not falling down.

Can't beat them for the price.

I was looking to change from water as well but have not tried sand or clay pot base yet.

I have a couple mods I did to mine and I get a solid 8 hrs from it on about 10# before it drops below 200 degrees
1> Damper on the bottom...I made a slide one and then the
2> fire grate in the fire pan with about 1.5" clearence from the bottom pan. Just some large bolts and double nuts
I do notice I can run it virtually shut down for the first couple hours and then I open about 1/4-1/2 way At about 6 hrs I open more air and keep the temps up to around 240-250. I also give it a little kick to clear any ashes not falling down.
Can't beat them for the price.
I was looking to change from water as well but have not tried sand or clay pot base yet.
Cool! I need to get one of these cookers . . . Great lookin' chicken, Kyle. If you want, you can pin that skin down on the leg quarters with round toothpicks before it goes in the cooker. That'll keep the skin from pulling back during the cook so it still looks pretty when its done. Just a thought for you . . .

Back