Sometimes Ya Gotta Do With What You Have: Rib Roast On a Chitter Kettle

Results like that coming from a chitter cooker show the merits and expertise of an experienced Pitmaster.................Great Job Moose..........:becky:

That's about as honest as a reply as it gets,
Very appropriate, nice cook Moose

Parsley? ... I can't believe you left off the parsley. :tsk:

OK, I'd probably have a taste anyway, ... ok, I'd probably eat all I could get my hands on. :hungry:

Great BD meal, rib roast looks perfect! And way to go on the improv cook, even dealing with weather during our dog days of summer.

Parsley? ... I can't believe you left off the parsley. :tsk:

OK, I'd probably have a taste anyway, ... ok, I'd probably eat all I could get my hands on. :hungry:

Gore, I don't know what I was thinking. No wonder that roast tasted like it was missing something. As soon as we get back home, I'm going to put up a big sign on the fridge that says "Don't Forget the Farking Parsley! ". :rolleyes:

In the meantime, I snapped this photo yesterday, and immediately thought of you:

:mrgreen:

Well I can see you brought the good camera! It all looks fanfarkingtastic & I'm guessing you actually enjoyed cooking on that poor little thing - it's kinda fun to cook on different cookers. :thumb:

Glad y'all could go visit. Nice of y'all to put on such a fine feed bag.:thumb::thumb:
How hot was that thing running? Roast looks like it climbed a bit in the rest.

Glad y'all could go visit. Nice of y'all to put on such a fine feed bag.:thumb::thumb:
How hot was that thing running? Roast looks like it climbed a bit in the rest.

Thanks, Guerry. The Chitter Kettle doesn't have a thermo, so I had to wing it. I suspect it was running about 275...the meat did turn out perfect with a good portion of the roast at a nice medium rare.

Thanks, Guerry. The Chitter Kettle doesn't have a thermo, so I had to wing it. I suspect it was running about 275...the meat did turn out perfect with a good portion of the roast at a nice medium rare.

Yep. Saw that. Looked like the perfect roast in fact for pleasing everyone at the table. Glad your MIL is doing well.

Awesome cook! Brings back memories. I brought a curbside rescued kettle to my inlaws farm and would cook the meals everytime we visited. It was an ugly old grill but what came out of it wasn't!

Hey Moose, at least it's got an ash grabber!:laugh:

The meat and cake look phenominal, Brother!! Especially, yer meat!:shock:

Back