Smoking it Dutch Style!

S

Steve-W

Hello everybody,
My name is Steven and I live in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands. (just next to Amsterdam Airport)
Yes the same town as the other dutch guy Harry (BBQguru.nl) here on the forum.
My mother was Canadian and I still have relatives in Vancouver and Quebec, Also I've got a couple of friends living in the States, so I've been over 3 times now. Twice to California and once to Florida, but have see some of the surrounding states aswell.
Back to BBQ; at this moment I only have an Offset smoker and a Smokey Joe cheap ass replica, but an UDS is being build at this moment.
I consider myself, "slightly experienced". Have cooked about 9 briskets, 6 pulled porks, tons of chicken and 1 whole hog..and yet I keep learning every time I fire up the smoker.
Also I have competed 2 times at the Tony Stone low&slow (KCBS sanctioned competition in the Netherlands, there is a thread on this forum for the 2013 edition and Byron, from Byron's butt rub won the 2012 edition) together with my fellow teammates. first as "team Just Eat" but we decided to change our teamname because Just Eat is a food delivery service in the Netherlands. this year we'll be competing as "Los Fumadores" which means: the smokers...coming from the Netherlands it indeed has a double meaning :)
I hope to learn here and meat...errgh...meet people at the competition in my home town this year. Hopefully we'll be able to compete in a US competition as well, but whether we'll manage this year is unsure.

Welcome

Maybe you can show the people at the Febo how to make a brisket.
Who knows, it may sell better then the Frikadel :becky:

goede dag!!!

glad to see some BBQ in Holland...never saw any when I lived there (1984-1989) other than smoked herring. :) Keep saying going back one day to visit as my oldest daughter was born in Nieuwegein. Welcome again...

Back