Smoker recommendation for a friend

Not a need but they are nice. I know i have a homemade offset and a Jambo and its easier to keep temps consistent with the insulated firebox on the Jambo.

Thanks for all the help so far, cooks!!! ;)
If you let him cook on the Jambo that's like letting him drive your Vet, you can't tell him to get the Chevy Cruise, well unless that's all he can really afford. :mrgreen:

• Thanks
Reactions: DR
I have a Large BGE and find it limiting. I'll keep it for small cooks, but I'm looking at an Old Country Pecos

I just got an Old Country Wrangler last Sunday. They draft like nothing I have ever seen. The big 5 inch exhaust at grate level pulls so much air that it feels like you are holding your hand in front of a fan when you put your hand above the stack.

I ran it wide open on the stack and firebox vent and it ran like a champ. Half a chimney of lump and two full length hickory splits to start. Added a split about every 30 minutes or so. Ran with thin blue smoke the entire time. Run it this way for 250-275 like clockwork.

You will love the Pecos. I am sure it runs the same. The only mod I have made is added two probe ports. No plans to do any other mods. Was the best $500 I ever spent.

You guys are just down the street from Lone Starr Grillz, stop in and Chris can show you around... Wont hurt to look.

Back