Smokehouse Maple Chicken thighs with Maple Mustard Glaze

BBQ Bacon

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dean
Sitting on a large jug of pure maple syrup, it was time I started using it. So the creative juices started flowing. We have a McCormick's Smokehouse maple seasoning, so in keeping with the theme, I made a maple mustard glaze for the this as well.

Reduced to a thick syrup about 1/2 cup maple syrup, 4 Tbsp grainy mustard, 4 Tbsp French's yellow mustard, 1/4 Tsp dried rosemary, 1/4 Tsp dried sage and 1/2 Tsp chili flakes.

maplemustardglaze_zpsn5ixqe4d.jpg

Started by rubbing the chicken thighs with the smokehouse maple rub and a couple salt and pepper thighs for the non-maple loving member of the family. I'm sure she may be adopted!

smokehousemaplechickenthigs_zpsxlh8k6mi.jpg

Then with the grill nice and hot, on the went for a little searing on each side before moving to indirect heat.

grill_zpsh9tdzirx.jpg

When nearing the correct internal temp, I started brushing on the maple mustard glaze.

grillglaze_zpsp02mvqyw.jpg

grillglaze2_zpsuqdzmxmy.jpg

Then it was onto the plate with a mass of mashed potatoes and peas. Delicious.

maplemustardthighsplated_zpsilqtosg3.jpg

The glaze was a little on the sweet side, so maybe a touch more red wine vinegar and yellow mustard and definitely more chili flakes would make this a go to in the future.

Thanks for looking.

Dean

Was out of balsamic so opted for the red wine vinegar otherwise it would have been balsamic.

Back