THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hot damn neighbor! Killer as usual :clap2: Can't believe it's already that time of year again.

Care to share the specs or how you made your smoking shed?

Just a basic 4 x 4 x 8 wood structure with fire brick about 3 feet and another foot of sheet metal lined. Just sheet metal lined on the door. Refractory castable on the floor and I used heat registures for intake and exhaust so I can adjust.

I have 2 x 2 on the sides with headless nails to tie off the jerky strings and I can use SS rod for hanging birds or to put racks on for things like fish

I can take some pictures of the details and post.

Mighty Fine Sir! :clap2:

Thanks Mike!

Hot damn neighbor! Killer as usual :clap2: Can't believe it's already that time of year again.

Thanks Neighbor, Yep, that time is here already

How often do you have to tend the fire in your smokehouse?

About 40 - 60 minutes. I use a maverick so I can see the temperature from the back deck and not go out to the smoke house to check. The 1/3 door helps keep heat and smoke in so I don't loose too much unless I need to check the meat.

If your lookin, you aint cookin!

Back