Smoked chicken on the UDS <PRON>

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
HELLLLLOOOOOOOO Q-Talk!

It's been a while since I posted......:icon_blush:

So, I fired up the drum tonight. Cherry and apple for smoke.
Got it rolling around 300 degrees and prepped and put on the yard birds.

Rubbed with Big Wampus's AP rub (basically my sweet & spicy rub without the cayenne).

Pan fried up some asparagus with just a little EVOO, whipped up some mashed taters and rounded it out with some cottage cheese.

Trying to eat healthier, so this was a great meal without all the crap.
And we are also trying to implement a new rule around here too.....no seconds.

With leftover smoked chicken, THAT was a tough one. :becky:

Enjoy!

P2150083_zpss6qmw069.jpg

P2150085_zpshparzscn.jpg

P2150087_zpswyi848ee.jpg

P2150089_zps6qdwwsal.jpg

P2150092_zpswivebb2o.jpg

If everyone could cook healthy like that then we would all be in much better health. Great looking birds!

HELLLLLOOOOOOOO Q-Talk!

It's been a while since I posted......:icon_blush:

Hellllloooooooo Wampus! I've missed you.

Signed - QTalk.

:becky:

Nice looking chickens!

Signed - Ronelle

:becky: :becky:

If you count from zero, seconds don't count until they're thirds.

Pass the chicken, again-please!!!

Awesome

You know how close I came to using Big Wampus Sweet & Spicy on my chix yesterday? Very! I ended up going another way and using BP bacon jalapeno.

I second the healthy eating - I've been eating like that for a while, minus the mashed taters. It's usually some kind of meat and a veg and that's it. Except for this last weekend - Valentine's Day - totally blew it - but planned to so it's all good.

The UDS is a mighty chicken cooker! And everything else cooker for that matter...

Nice looking cook there Wampus!

You know how close I came to using Big Wampus Sweet & Spicy on my chix yesterday? Very! I ended up going another way and using BP bacon jalapeno.

I second the healthy eating - I've been eating like that for a while, minus the mashed taters. It's usually some kind of meat and a veg and that's it. Except for this last weekend - Valentine's Day - totally blew it - but planned to so it's all good.

The UDS is a mighty chicken cooker! And everything else cooker for that matter...

Nice looking cook there Wampus!

Yeah, I knew the taters weren't the best option, but I make SUCH good taters!
Still lightened up on the butter a bit so they were "healthiER"....at least that's what I'm telling myself!

Still better than the two helpings I usually have.

I like my S&S on chicken but the family always says it's way too spicy, so that's why I went with the AP (I call it my chicken & rib rub). Still good, but I enjoy some kickin with my chicken!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Nice looking meal Wampus. I can understand how it would be hard to not go back for seconds. I think I'd just use a larger plate. Like the one you serve the Thanksgiving bird on... :mrgreen:

That looks fantastic. We do the one serving thing here as well with a slight twist. I always make more veggies than needed and anyone is welcome to have as many as they'd like.
b...

Back