Smashburgers and Fries on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
One of those go to meals - Smashburgers

I started out this morning by making another round of Sweet Potato Hamburger Rolls. This time, rather than peel, dice and boil the potatoes I roasted them in the oven. Did it make a difference in the final product? I really can't tell. But four large sweet potatoes turned out two batches of dough of which I used only half of one, making eight rolls. The rest of the dough is in the freezer for another day.

Sweet Potato Buns -

1/4 pound burgers, ready for the griddle -

Gotta add some 'shrooms and garlic -

And for the heck of it I'll give some Fries a try on the Blackstone -

Can't have Smashburgers without Bacon! -

Fries are on next, making good use of that Bacon grease -

Once the fries have progressed, the 'shrooms and finally the burgers go on -

Smashed and browning nicely -

Topped with some Colby Jack melted under a pan. -

Fries are just about ready -

Buns are toasted -

Dinner is on the table -

You can't go wrong with Smashburgers and Fries!

Thanks for checking in on this post.

One of these pics will get entered into the Foods You Love throwdown. Smashburgers are easy and quick, especially when prepared on the Blackstone.

Regards,
-lunchman

Thanks all! The Blackstone sure does get a lot of use in our household.

The fries turned out more like home fries than French Fries, but they were still quite good. I'll have to keep experimenting. I par-boiled the potatoes for about 5 minutes, that might have been a mistake. I had seen a recent Cooks Illustrated or America's Test Kitchen video on crispy oven fries where a corn starch mixture was used to coat the fries, but wasn't willing to test it out on the griddle.

It's all part of cooking and grilling - experimentation.

I was telling my wife yesterday that griddling burgers vs. grilling them probably isn't too healthy since the fats don't get to drip into the fire. But it's not like I'm making Smashburgers a couple of times a week. All in moderation.

-Dom

Dom,

One hellva burger right there! I would of never of thought the fries would work on the griddle, nice meal sir!

Thanks,
Greg

Awesome job on those smash burgers. I’ll use them as inspiration to prepare myself for my own burger induced Daytona 500ert food coma later today.

Back