small brisket

ac30

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Hi, I have a question for all you smart guys (and gals). I have a 6 or 7-pound point and I've never cooked anything but a full packer. Because it's small is it a shorter cooking time, or is the time the same because it's as thick as a full one? Again, thanks in advance for the great advice this site ALWAYS provides!

Will cook faster. May still be same thickness but have more surface area compared to packer where flat
Muscle protecting one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with S&S, but feel the shape will be a bigger factor than simply weight. If it is the point end with most of the flat chopped off (ie still have portions of both muscles), it should cook similarly to a full packer, just not as long a cook.

If you have the point separated from the flat, it should cook materially faster and possibly unevenly, as the point thins out over the flat. In this case, I would cook with the expectation of having the edges dried out and possibly need to be discarded.

You might take a look at cooking times needed for commercially produced corned beef, that is often a portion of the full packer.

Back